at APAC-Central, Inc. in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
Job ID: 352459
APAC Central Inc., is a CRH company producing and providing crushed aggregate materials, sand, ready-mix concrete, asphalt, and performing as a regional heavy highway/infrastructure construction firm serving Arkansas, Oklahoma, and southern Missouri. APAC-Central, Inc. and its founding companies have been serving our customers since early in the 20th Century and look forward to continued success in the 21st Century!
Drives multi-rear axle truck for transporting freshly mixed concrete from central mix plant to roadway/projects.Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Drive truck from the ready mix plant to jobsites while loaded with ready mix concrete while maintaining the integrity/viability of the ready mix concrete product.
- Make normal operating adjustments to equipment; maintain clean vehicle interior and exterior.
- Perform other duties related to or including operating of chute to assist with pouring.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA/MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment. Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA
- Follow directions of Foreperson as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or jobsite.
- Perform daily pre-and-post inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with company policies.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to customers, co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Reliable, Regular On-Time Attendance is required and essential to the operation of the team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Education/Experience
- Minimum high school or general education degree (GED) required.
- Previous related experience in the construction field, preferably in or closely related to delivering ready mix concrete.
- Safely operate a multi-axle ready mix truck delivering ready mix concrete to customers as directed. Safely placing the mix in appropriate locations as directed by the customer, assuming that may be accomplished safely in the judgment of the driver and his supervisor.
- Strictly adhere to safety requirements, policies, and procedures as outlined in the employee policy manual.
- Report to work at the designated start time.
- Work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors/managers with other duties as required.
- Available to work overtime, nights and weekends when necessary.
- Travel and work away from home when necessary.
- Drive a truck with a valid CDL B heavy straight with necessary endorsements. Air brake skills test required for all vehicles that have air brakes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
Please click the link below to view the rest of the job on our career site.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity