at APAC-Central, Inc. in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
Job ID: 352441
APAC Central Inc., is a CRH company producing and providing crushed aggregate materials, sand, ready-mix concrete, asphalt, and performing as a regional heavy highway/infrastructure construction firm serving Arkansas, Oklahoma, and southern Missouri. APAC-Central, Inc. and its founding companies have been serving our customers since early in the 20th Century and look forward to continued success in the 21st Century!
The Intern position will work on gaining an overall understanding of the major divisions of CRH. The selected candidate will be involved with and learn about various aspects of the company and may include all areas in Construction or Materials departments such as asphalt, aggregates, and ready mix.Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Spend time at our construction sites, aggregates, asphalt, and ready mix plants to learn the fundamentals of production.
- Understand how to estimate and plan plant production requirements.
- Learn the asphalt and ready mix plant scheduling process to meet customer and internal demands and maximize capacity conflicts.
- Understand compliance requirements for our operations to meet federal and state regulations including MSHA and OSHA etc.
- Equipment preventative maintenance, scheduling, and shop operation.
- Please click the link below to view the rest of the job on our career site.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity