in Pulaski - Little Rock County, AR
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
- At least 21 years of age with good driving record with no “at fault” accidents or moving violations in the past three years.
- Good physical and mental health.
- Must have First Aid Certification or be willing to be trained.
- Must maintain current CDL at all times.
- Must maintain current DOT physical.
- Demonstrated aptitude or competence for effective student control.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with the public, the bus Aide/Monitor, and with other staff members.
- Neat and clean in appearance and personal habits.
- Ability to effectively care for assigned equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following statements of duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. These statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required of all personnel within this position.
Completes required training and testing for school bus driver and aides.
- Performs assigned duties in a safe and efficient manner, observing all legal requirements and safe operating procedures.
- Follows all written and oral instructions and route sheets, as published.
- Obeys all written policies and directives promulgated by the school district.
- Follows all instructions, both written and oral, regarding proper vehicle maintenance and upkeep.
- Reports for drug/alcohol testing, as required.
- Reports undisciplined students to the proper authority and maintains discipline when students are on the bus.
- Assists in loading, securing, and unloading of wheel chair and physically disabled students.
- Assists in emergency evacuation.
- Maintains student control and discipline.
- Keeps a daily log of student behavior and actual pick-up and drop-off times.
- Follows Dispatcher’s and Supervisor’s directions.
- Keeps inside of bus clean and orderly.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the supervisor, Coordinator, or the Director.