at ArcBest in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
ArcBest is a logistics company with creative problem solvers who deliver integrated solutions for complex supply chain challenges.
Wanting to join the ArcBest family? In our search for top talent, we are looking for those that will further enable us to deliver on our vision and fully support our values-driven culture.
Currently, we are looking for a Student Worker to join the ArcBest team. The responsibilities of the Student Worker – HR include a variety of office procedures within the People Services HR Department. This position offers some flexibility when working around the student’s class schedule. As a Student Worker with ArcBest or an ArcBest company, you will be immersed in a culture that is known for doing difficult things well. Customers know that no matter how complex of a supply chain challenge, ArcBest will take it on and find a way to formulate a solution. This kind of boldness requires employees who have the skill and the will. Be a part of something great, contribute to success, and obtain quality skills that will complement your education.
Your contribution may include:
- Coordinate and respond to fitness center and other discount related requests
- Schedule internal and external job interviews for candidates
- Schedule pre-employment drug test for new hires
- Verify receipt of drug test results
- Update HR Info Systems to maintain all companies’ confidential employee information
- Scan and index documents to employee personnel files
- Review files, records, and other documents to obtain information to respond to requests
- Maintain and update database systems and/or record keeping processes
- Maintain confidential employee records
- Conduct research for various projects and document
- Answer phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages
- Communicate efficiently with internal and external customers
- Open, sort, and route incoming mail, answer correspondence, and prepare outgoing mail
- Compute, record, and proofread data and other information, such as records or reports
- Resolve issues and perform root cause analysis in order to improve processes
- Operation office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voicemail systems, and personal computers
- Process and prepare documents, such as business or government forms
- Inventory and order materials, supplies, and services
- Provide clerical support to other areas of the department
- Manage calendars and arrange appointments
As a Student Worker, you will be a member of the ArcBest Human Resource team in Fort Smith, AR. Your hours will be Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm, with irregular hours that may occur depending on work load. The Student Worker hours will be part time; working less than 30 hours per week.
Ready to apply? Before doing so, please make sure you meet the minimum requirements:
Education: Must be college student, seeking degree
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
Other Requirements: Must be able to maintain highly confidential information.
If you require accommodation in the application process, please contact
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability