at PRIDE Industries in Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
Janitor Lead, afternoon/evening
Full Time Regular
Referral Bonus Eligible?
PRIDE Industries is a fast-paced company with a mission: To Create Jobs for People with Disabilities while providing high quality, value-added solutions to our nationwide customers. We are currently recruiting to fill the following position:
Job: Janitor Lead
Job Code: 699 - LT-Janitor Lead
SCA Occup: 11150 Janitor
Salary Grade: Federal Wage Determination or Collective Bargaining Agreement
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Approval Date: January 2018
Under limited supervision, the Janitorial Lead Worker leads a work team of diverse individuals, while prioritizing, assigning and coordinating team activities to clean and detail assigned facilities at the customer site, ensuring that the assigned facilities are clean and free of safety hazards. This job class requires practical skill and knowledge of janitorial practices, equipment, supplies and procedures and the ability to perform quality work with attention to knowing and using safe work practices.
1. *Prioritize and assign tasks, including coordination of work schedules to ensure coverage, rebalancing as necessary for special projects and customer satisfaction.
2. *Maintain supplies, stock and equipment to ensure proper operation and safe condition.
3. *Understand and train workers in the safe and proper use of products and equipment to meet quality and safety standards.
4. *Train and assist workers in performing duties, working alongside them on the same tasks.
5. *Perform cleaning services using proper equipment and supplies, and follow procedures for safe use and operation.
6. *Clean and detail facilities. Remove trash; dusts/polish equipment, furniture, or fixtures; vacuum carpets, clean walls, arrange furniture, and clean window blinds.
7. *Clean lavatories, showers, and restrooms, using correct chemicals on all surfaces. Dust and wipe-down all fixtures, fill all dispensers, empty trash containers, and mop and deodorize floor.
8. *Clean assigned common areas, including hallways, stairwells, and cafeterias and/or break areas. Remove trash from all trash containers and line containers with clean plastic bags. Clean tables and microwaves. Fill dispensers.
9. *Clean spills.
10. *When trained, oversees the waxing and buffing of floors on a regular basis.
11. *Monitor progress of tasks and inspect completed work, including outside grounds, to ensure quality.
12. *Investigate discrepancies and report them to management, recommending improvements to resolve issues;
13. *Oversees the cleaning and maintenance of janitorial equipment on a regular basis to ensure proper operation and safe condition.
14. *Monitor usage of inventory, supplies and equipment. Initiate supply/repair orders when inventory is low or replacements/repair are required.
15. *Prepare records and reports as needed.
16. *Maintain a good relationship with workers and customer.
17. Frequent travel between facilities or buildings may be required; may be required to drive a company vehicle.
18. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Denotes Essential Job Function
* Must meet all requirements of the worker position being led;
* At least one year of janitorial, building maintenance or related experience;
* Experience working with adults with developmental disabilities and/or physical challenges preferred;
* Knowledge of company safety policies and procedures;
* Knowledge of departmental operations, procedures, and organizational policies;
* Ability to manage material resources and time, and to work independently and as a team.
* Knowledge of specialized departmental equipment including what is used in janitorial services;
* Ability to train employees in proper departmental practices and procedures, including safety and proper use of PPE, tools, and equipment;
* Ability to communicate effectively; to present information and respond to questions from managers, workers, clients, customers and others; and to escalate matters appropriately;
* Human relations skills to build effective working relationships;
* Mathematical ability including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division;
* Flexibility to adapt to changing work priorities;
* Demonstrated organizational, problem solving and common sense skills;
* Ability to travel to local facilities on a frequent basis.
High School Diploma or GED
CERTIFICATES OR LICENSES REQUIRED:
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state and/or contract requirements:
Valid Driver's License
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods... For full info follow application link.