at FedEx Freight, Inc. in Harrison, Arkansas, United States
Company: FedEx Freight
Job Title: 61332: Ops Research Scientist II
Job Requisition Number: RC439227
Job Family: FXF: ENGR-PROF
Time Type: Full Time
2200 Forward Drive
Harrison, Arkansas 72602-0840
Responsible for formulating and applying sophisticated modeling and other advanced analytic methods using a computer to develop and interpret information that assists management with decision making, policy formulation, or other managerial functions; Concentrate on collecting, cleansing and analyzing data, developing decision support software and producing actionable information for decision making
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Identify business opportunities or expand ideas obtained from management in order to conceptualize and define and model operational problems to assess feasibility and impact
2. Identify performance improvement opportunities via data analysis and develop decision support tools to ensure most cost conscience, efficient use of company resources that supports service objectives
3. Develop concepts into business plans utilizing appropriate research techniques, methodologies, and experience and present them to senior management with recommendation for implementation
4. Develop and implement data collection systems from primary and secondary sources and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality
5. Identify, analyze, interpret and visualize trends or patterns in complex data sets
6. Evaluate alternative systems or transportation networks employing financial, computer, geographic or operational models as appropriate
7. Research cutting edge technologies in support of the "best practices" in any transportation or network related question
8. Provide project support or individually design and develop models for testing, validation and evaluation of strategic proposals
9. Utilize multi-media presentations and formal reports for presenting analyses to senior management
10. Coordinate personnel involved in project administratively and technically
11. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations as well as company policies/procedures
12. Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
* PhD in Industrial Engineering, Math/Statistics, or related quantitative discipline or Masters' Degree (aforementioned disciplines) with 3 years' experience in engineering, statistics, forecasting, or data analysis
* Programming skills and ability to learn new languages, including but not limited to: JAVA, Python, SQL, SAS
* Knowledge of optimization/simulation software such as CPLEX, Gurobi, FlexSim
* Knowledge of mathematical optimization and solution methods for linear and integer programming
* Knowledge of designing and building machine learning models
* Knowledge of relational database systems Oracle, DB2 and Terradata
* Knowledge of big data implementations (hadoop), preferred
* Knowledge of ESRI technology, preferred
* Strong computer skills (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, E-mail) with experience using statistical software and reporting interfaces, data mining tools, machine learning techniques and data visualization
* Analytical, problem solving, time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
* Good presentation, verbal and written communication skills
* Hours may vary due to operational need
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Freight, please call 800-888-8252 or e-mail at ADAAssistance@freight.fedex.com.
FedEx Freight will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran.