at ArcBest in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
ArcBest is a logistics company with creative problem solvers who deliver integrated solutions for complex supply chain challenges. ArcBest Technologies is an ArcBest company that develops and supports applications to provide innovative technology solutions for business challenges.
Wanting to join the ArcBest Technologies team? In our search for top talent, we are looking for those that will further enable us to deliver on our vision and fully support our values-driven culture.
Currently, we are looking for a Supervisor, Computer Center to join the ArcBest Technologies team. The Supervisor, Computer Center supervises the night shift Computer Center staff and assures that all processes are completed, reports are printed and distributed to all customers, both within ArcBest and its subsidiaries as well as AB Tech’s outside customers.
Your contribution may include:
- Oversee the day-to-day assignments of Data Center staff to provide adequate coverage of all essential tasks.
- Establish training programs for new staff and ongoing training for existing staff.
- Monitor and analyze performance metrics and advises Manager of problems or potential problems.
- Manage, advise, assign, appraise, council, and motivate members of the Computer Center night shift staff.
- Manage, assign, delegate, review, monitor night shift batch job schedule.
- Coordinate consultation with other functional areas of the corporate family when necessary to obtain advice and assistance.
- Monitor building systems in the corporate headquarters (fire suppression, power, HVAC), and take appropriate action in emergencies.
- Monitor nightly backups of disaster recovery data and ensure all data is transported offsite in a safe and timely manner.
- Advise the Manager on the review, approval, and administration of systems standards, documentation, and Data Center night shift processes and procedures.
- Coordinate with the Manager to ensure night shift staff has the tools and knowledge needed to efficiently support the environment.
- Conduct annual performance reviews for night shift Computer Center staff members.
- Other duties and projects, as assigned.
As a Supervisor, Computer Center, you will be a member of the ArcBest Technologies Operations team in Fort Smith, AR. Your hours will be Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm, with irregular hours that may occur depending on workload.
Ready to apply? Before doing so, please make sure you meet the minimum requirements:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or other relevant field, preferred.
Experience: Minimum, ten years’ experience in a related field.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Other Requirements: Detailed knowledge of mainframe operating environment and all software and hardware associated with the environment. Detailed knowledge of Zeke and Zebb scheduling and rerun software. Understanding of AB Tech IT environment, standards, and procedures. Understanding of the work environment of ArcBest and all subsidiaries.
If you require accommodation in the application process, please contact 1 firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (479) 785-8963. An Equal Opportunity Employer including Vet/Disability.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability