at CDM Smith in Springdale, Arkansas, United States
Are you energized by SCADA systems and artificial intelligence?
Do you love helping clients use technology to optimize their operations?
Are you a visionary who can’t wait to share industry-changing work with others?
CDM Smith’s Automation Practice Leader is a global technical and sales role responsible for growing the automation practice and team. We are seeking a thought leader who is confident with clients, understands the latest technology solutions, seeks innovative approaches to solve challenges, and encourages employees to expand their expertise. The practice leader will develop innovative approaches for architecture comprising computers, networked data communications, and graphical user interfaces for high-level supervision of machines and processes. You will help our client achieve success with their SCADA and IT systems, including artificial intelligence and the use of big data.
CDM Smith is one of the world’s top design, program management and construction management firms, providing innovative and creative solutions for our clients and assisting them in achieving successful outcomes on their water, infrastructure, environmental and transportation programs.
As the Practice Leader and visionary, you will contribute to
CDM Smith’s transformational growth by:
• Advancing the practice through technical ingenuity, innovation, and year-over-year top-line sales growth.
• Applying your instrumentation, networking, cybersecurity, control room design, artificial intelligence, predictive analytics, SCADA Master Planning, and Smart P&IDs expertise to projects.
• Implementing Big Data Platforms and Internet-of-Things (IOT) solutions for water, wastewater, and transportation utilities in municipal and industrial markets.
• Implementing cloud solutions to support IOT, as well as interfaces for data storage/aggregation/analysis. Implementation of predictive analytics in operations and maintenance for utilities.
• Collaborating with manufacturers of sensors and communications devices for implementation of IOT solutions for internal operations and clients.
• Generating collaborative R&D (Research & Development) proposals that improve operations, optimize asset management solutions, and provide technology solutions that result in data driven decisions.
• Positioning us technically, ahead of challenges being recognized in the marketplace.
• Collaborating with client service units by pre-positioning for major pursuits that identify and highlight our technical differentiators.
• Recruiting and retaining strategic technical talent and the best, brightest, and boldest employees.
• Providing thought leadership to the automation practice.
• Developing and guiding technical specialists and discipline leaders within the practice and drive latest ideas for research and development.
• Embracing continuous improvement, a culture of quality, accountability to commitments, CDM Smith’s Core Values, and challenging the status quo.
• Embracing the continuous search for technologies that provide CDM Smith with a competitive edge and allow us to help our clients solve challenging problems and to do more for less.
• Embracing the opportunities afforded by a matrix organization and leveraging its advantages to grow the firm while keeping our existing clients as CDM Smith clients.
• Collaborating with and supporting the firm’s Digital Water initiative.
Automation Practice Leader
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, or in Engineering Technology or related discipline. Professional engineering (PE) license.
• 15 years of related experience.
Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
• Proven leadership and visionary abilities
• Expertise in managing large SCADA and Automation projects
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
United States – Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
• Self-directed, motivated, mission-driven with positive attitude
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to represent the firm to industry groups and the media on a national and international level
• Developer and implementer of best practices in delivery of services
• Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
U.S. Vaccine Employment Mandate:
CDM Smith has taken proactive steps throughout the COVID-19 pandemic to ensure the health and safety of our employees, clients, subcontractors, and visitors. As part of our continuing efforts to combat the pandemic and to comply with the U.S. President’s Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, effective December 3, 2021, as a condition of employment, all employees will be required to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of such COVID-19 vaccination or alternatively have applied for and received approval for a religious or medical exemption.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account