at Wolfspeed in Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States
Job DescriptionWolfspeed, Inc.
Category: Operations / Manufacturing
Type: Full time
Requisition ID: 21-1859
Power Electronic Module Production Test Engineer
This job opportunity is for a Test Engineer with experience in power electronics. The Test Engineer will support the Operation team's power module manufacturing test needs in the Fayetteville, Arkansas location and also at our Contract Manufacturing locations in Asia. Experience with Silicon Carbide (SiC) devices is preferred.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
- Opportunity to apply technical leadership skills in an organization with the highest performing SiC power devices and modules in the world
- Grow new technologies, lead and create a real impact on the power and energy industries, make a global difference, advance your breadth of knowledge and experience
- Work on a wide range of high performance products in cross-discipline teams
- Join an elite performing company investing heavily in the future of wide bandgap semiconductors
- Career development opportunities leading technologies and people in a strong growing company
Duties & Responsibilities
- Project management focused on product transition from pilot manufacturing to mass production manufacturing at Contract Manufacturers
- Assist in recommending and implementing equipment modifications and equipment purchases to improve test capability and production efficiencies
- Assist in developing new Production test methods and/or platforms including test handlers
- Lead and/or assist in setting up equipment and processes internally and at Contract Manufacturers
- Lead and help implement EOL test process changes and facilitate Process Change Review Board review and approval
- Design for Manufacturability and Design for Test: Interact with Product Design Engineers, Process Engineers, and Test Engineers to ensure that processes and designs are compatible and optimized for future products and capable for implementation at Contract Manufacturers
- Develop and implement test solutions for new and modified products by working cooperatively with New Product Introduction team, marketing, quality & reliability, and application engineering.
- Provide technical and engineering support as part of the manufacturing team as products move from prototype to high volume manufacturing
- Establish and maintains documentation and procedures for testing in production and maintenance of equipment. Train personnel on test procedures
- Promote continual improvement and identify weak points in processes and procedures and offer suggestions for improvement
- Promote a safe work environment
- Test Data analysis, correlations and characterization
- Assist in developing high yield process controls for electronic packaging manufacturing processes, including writing programs to support data processing, analysis, and visualizations.
- Assist in driving yield enhancement and quality improvements both internal and at Contract Manufacturers
- Bachelors or MS degree in Electrical Engineering
- Experience in supporting a manufacturing environment
- Good analytical and problem solving, interpersonal, and communication skills. Excellent English communication skills (i.e.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status