at Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company in Conway, Arkansas, United States
Hewlett Packard Enterprise advances the way people live and work. We bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
In our Business UnitHPC, MCS and Hewlett Packard Labs,we focus on cutting edge, high-performance, high-scale customer solutions serving a wide range of industries and end-users. Our organization includes High Performance Computing (HPC), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Mission Critical Solutions (MCS), Edgeline, Moonshot and Hewlett Packard Labs.
This role is based in Saudi Arabia.
We are currently looking for an HPC Technical consultant. In this amazing role you will cover the support and delivery of high-end HPC solutions for our customers. Youll be part of a team of HPC experts and will be working under minimal supervision.
In a typical day as a HPC Technical Consultant, you would..
- Apply your technical background and knowledge of industry trends to Support and Deliver HPC services. Including both hardware and software, for massively parallel (MPP) supercomputer systems, clusters and storage systems on a 24 x 7 basis and willing to be on standby and available when needed.
- Support the pre-sales team in scoping & sizing the HPC services.
- Manage Day to Day HPE Cray Support and Maintenance activity at a dedicated account site in KSA in the eastern region.
- Analyze, qualify, troubleshoot and resolve incidents with the right level of autonomy & expertise and coordinate with L2 and L3 Support issues requiring specialized intervention.
- Collaborate with team members, other internal organizations, customers, and third parties (e.g. DDN, Red Hat, Altair, Nvidia)
- Manage the customer relationship, including verbal & written communication
- Research HPC documentation & complete required training to maintain and develop HPC skills.
- Learn new technologies in HPC including Cray EX Liquid cooled systems and Shasta as the core technologies to support which will be provided on the job and professional training.
If you are
- Good at partnering, innovating, and making things happen? Good start, you are aligned to our core values!
If you have these Skills, Expertise, Attitude and Education
- At least three (3) years of Client service System Administration and maintenance and support experience.
- A bachelors degree in computer science or engineering.
- Prior experience of working on Cray HPC systems is highly desirable.
- Three years experience maintaining systems similar to Cray equipment for example Cray XC40, CS500, and E1000 Storage or ClusterStor or equivalent in a large enterprise computer center.
- Experienced in Linux/Unix Operating systems, Lustre FS, Workload management technologies (SLURM, PBS-Pro).
- Experience in Cluster Management Software, Slingshot, InfiniBand Technology is highly desirable.
- Ideally, good Understanding of containerization and container orchestration frameworks such as Kubernetes and Docker Swarm.
- Must be experienced in HPCM HP Cluster Manager Software as an Administrator (expert level).
- Experienced in running the day to day operation and administration of Large HPC systems at the client site and act as an advocate for the client and their teams.
- Advanced skills in customer service and customer facing communication
- Fluent in spoken and written English, including computer related technical terminology.
- Good Knowledge and experience in Storage technologies Lustre FS, SAN, GPFS is mandatory.
Please click the link below to view the rest of the job on our career site.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity