at National General Management Corporation
Job DescriptionPrimary Purpose:
This position is responsible for working with the Sales leadership to ensure all Business Unit employees are trained to effectively and professionally present Direct products, provide outstanding customer service and help support the achievement of sales goals and objectives. District includes all of Arkansas. The candidate must live in the area they will support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Facilitate New Hire Training to introduce new sales employees to the business policies, procedures and products at Direct. Learning to include: products, office operations, systems (NPS, KIP, WebFEP, AS/400, ImageRight, and SharePoint applications), underwriting rules, DOI regulations, and various company policies and procedures
- Schedule and facilitate training to support on-going education for all sales employees to strengthen product knowledge, introduce new products, and support sales and customer service skills
- Facilitate the learning process via workshops, virtual sessions, on-the-job training, conference calls, one-on-one coaching sessions, and written communications to ensure agents are competent in the areas of product knowledge, compliance, sales presentation, customer service, and communicating the value of Direct products
- Maintain on-going education and training for all sales employees to strengthen product knowledge, introduce new products, and support sales and customer service skills
- Provide on-going training on new policies and procedures, as needed
- Manage the administrative components of the learning and development processes including developing and preparing various materials, session agendas, outlines, scheduling training sessions, administering tests and preparing performance summaries of trainees
- Observe Agents' work product and provide documented feedback directly to individuals and their management team
- Work closely with Regional Sales Training Manager and Regional Vice President to help support Regional initiatives
- Work closely with District Sales Managers to identify learning and development needs of sales employees
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 2+ years of experience in field sales training
- Property and Casualty license or ability to acquire within 90 days of hire
- Life license or ability to acquire within 90 days of hire
- Demonstrated sales ability
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization
- Strong problem solving and decision making ability
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Proficient in the use of virtual training software
- Ability to utilize Adobe Captivate or Adobe Presenter software in the development of learning material
- Strong leadership, team building and customer relationship skills
- Virtual New Hire Training up to 60% of time
- Requires significant travel throughout assigned territory (up to 50-60% overnight travel
- May require weekend/evening attendance at marketing events
- Bachelor Degree
- Experience in insurance industry
#LI-EH1 #DirectAutoIns #GetDirectAndGetGoing #GPTWcertified
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.