at LifePoint Health in Cleveland, Mississippi, United States
- Responsible for timely and accurate scheduling of patients for departments that scheduled testing.
- Obtain all patient information to ensure the correct patient is scheduled for testing.
- Ensure the correct test prep is relayed. (i.e. full bladder/ nothing to eat or drink 8 hours prior to test)
- Verify a convenient date and time are selected for the patient.
- Verifies correct and complete order received prior to scheduled test.
- Assist in reducing No Show volumes
- Obtain Authorizations for Radiology procedures
- Work retro authorization in eRequest
- Review Denials for Weekly and DMAT
- Submit NOA to BCBS Monday through Friday
- All Schedulers:
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Promptly schedules patients for outpatient testing as ordered by the physician and procedure sequencing guidelines.
- Ensures date and time scheduled are relayed correctly to the caller.
- Educate physician offices on the correct elements for a complete script/order.
- Obtain authorization from the physician office asking if it is for_Hospital Name_. (Sometimes the authorization is obtained for a different facility and needs to be corrected.)
- Searches MPI completely to ensure assignment of the correct medical record number. Notifies medical records for any duplicate medical record number.
- Obtains all necessary or detailed information from the individual scheduling patient including patient demographics, insurance information and preferred date and time.
- Document specifics of the test and note that the prep for the test was relayed to the caller
- Document any special considerations for the test (i.e. Patient has a hard time laying down. / Special items related to a physician request etc.)
- Relay information to where the patient will go for testing. (Enter at the Radiology entrance/ Open MRI-look for the Blue Awning etc.)
- Same day or early morning add on testing, communicate with the Department, Pre-Registration and Registration*/all/*add on appointments. (call the areas and document who you informed in your notes)
- Follow the daily Script/Order process to ensure all scripts available and complete for next day’s testing. (be sure to note that the script/order was received in your notes)
- Ensure authorizations received are for the correct facility.
- Pull accounts from the scheduling system into the HMS system allowing Relay to check the insurance behind the scenes to assist pre-registration.
- Schedulers are cross trained to cover each other’s positions for vacations and call outs.
- Surgery Scheduler:/(all schedulers are cross trained to fill in)/
- Responsible to add surgeries to the scheduling system
- Run Relay
- Verify Authorizations
- Follows up on No-Shows and reschedule
- Associate Degree or higher.
- LPN License
Required Work Experience:
- Customer Service/ Computer Knowledge/
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills
- Ability to work with physicians and office staff.
- Ability to use Decisive judgment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Able to work in stressful situations
- Take appropriate action.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follow standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Job: Please select a valid job field
Organization: Bolivar Medical Center
Title: LPN Scheduler (3269)
Requisition ID: 7422-3269To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account