at FedEx Freight, Inc. in Harrison, Arkansas, United States
Company: FedEx Freight
Job Title: Sr. Advisor-Operations Systems (Transform the Dock)
Job Requisition Number: RC449114
Job Family: FXF: ENGR-PROF
Time Type: Full Time
8285 Tournament Drive
Memphis, Tennessee 38125-1745
2200 Forward Drive
Harrison, Arkansas 72602-0840
This position can be domiciled at any FXF location in the US.
Plan, organize and coordinate strategic and tactical projects utilizing application systems and hardware technology solutions that enable the FedEx enterprise and FedEx Freight to achieve improvements in both service and performance. Represent FedEx Freight operations in cross functional and cross-operating companies' product, hardware and application development efforts.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Oversee strategic projects that support long term business recommendations and solutions
2. Analyze technology solutions through vendor research, collaborate cross-Op Co and cross department, participate in vendor negotiations and provide financial justification for recommended long term business recommendations and solutions
3. Lead the research, analysis, vendor contract negotiations and acquisition of all aspects of current and trending technology.
4. Oversee tactical projects utilizing existing reports/tools and developing new reports/tools that support short term business challenges
5. Monitor trends in Operations Performance Metric indicators, working closely with Operations Management and subject matter experts, to recognize opportunities for modification/creation of application systems and implementation of hardware technology solutions
6. Provide data for FedEx enterprise and FedEx Freight initiatives to support long range planning around application systems and hardware technology solutions
7. Represent FedEx Freight on FedEx Enterprise Operations Technology Council (OTC), which allows participation in new cross-Op Co technology evaluations, vendor purchase and maintenance contract negotiations and implementation/deployment of strategic plans
8. Support process improvement initiatives from concept to implementation
9. Participate as Core Team Member on Enterprise and FedEx Freight governed projects; develop, evaluate and track requirements where application systems and hardware technology solutions will be introduced that impact the FedEx Freight Operations environment
10. Develop reports and/or specifications that can be used to gauge performance and reliability of technology solutions.
11. Initiate and prepare Capital/Lease Expenditure Authorization Request (CLEAR) documents and manage the implementation of capital items related to CLEAR documents
12. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
13. Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
* Bachelors' Degree in Business, Transportation, Information Technology or related field or equivalent work experience plus seven (7) years of experience in Transportation Operations, Transportation Vehicle Maintenance, Information Technology, Sales and/or Finance in which two (2) of those years preferably would be in Application Systems, Hardware Technology Support and/or Report Writing
* Comprehensive knowledge of a programming language (SQL, SAS, VB, etc.), preferred
* Comprehensive knowledge of project management principals and techniques preferred
* Strong leadership, analytical, problem solving, time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Good presentation and negotiation skills
* Strong collaboration skills
* Experience and ability to use Microsoft Office suite
* Ability to handle multiple projects
* Ability to interact comfortably with all levels of management including executive leadership across the enterprise
* Must be able to travel
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Freight, please call 800-888-8252 or e-mail at ADAAssistance@freight.fedex.com.
FedEx Freight will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or... For full info follow application link.
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran.