at Centennial Bank in Conway, Arkansas, United States
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
This position will assist the Compliance Department in planning and conducting independent reviews of financial institution activities to determine the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and compliance with existing bank policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for most aspects of conducting compliance monitoring reviews. This includes preparing request letters, conducting fieldwork, researching and providing regulatory citations in support of fieldwork, discussing findings and observations during exit meetings, preparing work papers to support conclusions and preparing written regulatory compliance reports. This duty is performed daily.
- Examines bank policies, procedures and practices to ensure compliance with state and federal laws and regulations through compliance reviews. This duty is performed daily.
- Remain current with the changes to state and federal banking laws and regulations affecting the management, operations, and product offerings of the bank. This duty is performed weekly.
- Coordinates with operating departments to ensure adherence to laws and regulations relating to new or revised products and services offerings of the bank. This duty is performed daily.
- Performs annual risk assessments for all compliance-related areas of the bank, which also includes a comprehensive monitoring schedule. This duty is performed annually.
- Coordinates and offers support to the bank's training department through recommendations concerning compliance training, as they relate to the various compliance reviews performed at the bank. This duty is performed monthly.
- Provide senior management with information to accurately determine the bank's extent of compliance. This duty is performed monthly.
- Assist in the design and implementation of internal monitoring programs, procedures, and processes. This duty is performed annually.
- Aid in pre-exam planning and provide senior management with guidance regarding the exam process, as necessary. This duty is performed annually.
- Performs research to aid in answering compliance-related questions on a daily basis from bank personnel. This duty is performed daily.
- Reviews and validates corrective action for issues identified in compliance monitoring reviews. This duty is performed monthly.
- Assist in the development of new deposit and loan products. This duty is performed as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality of all Audit and Risk Committee files, records, work papers, minutes, etc. This duty is performed daily.
- Completes required BSA/AML training and other compliance training as assigned. This duty is performed annually.
- The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
- Assist with training new or less experienced associates including performing second reviews and mentoring. This duty is performed as needed.
- Develop and manage strong working relationships with business units. This duty is performed daily.
- Obtain continuing education related to job duties as necessary. This duty is performed as needed.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four year college degree, plus 5 years related experience and/or training, and 12 to 18 months related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and policy/procedure manuals; Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager Certification (CRCM) or similar designation.
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
Intermediate: Presentation/PowerPoint, Spreadsheet, Word Processing/Typing
Periodically exposed to such elements as noise, intermittent standing, walking, occasionally pushing, carrying, or lifting; but none are present to the extent of being disagreeable.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
Semi-repetitive, low physical. Semi-repetitive type work which requires periods of concentration for varied time cycles as prescribed by the tasks.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously required to talk or hear; regularly required to sit; occasionally required to stand, walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Previous compliance work required.
Previous experience with FIS Bankway Banking Solutions preferred.
Working knowledge with DecisionPro, Encompass,Prime and TruPoint preferred.
Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Ability to work independently.
Ability to work under stringent time constraints relating to current year's monitoring schedule.
Ability to function in a team environment.
Some overnight travel is possible.