at Mars, Incorporated in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
12 Hour Days OR 12 Hour Nights - we ask for you to be open to working nights as we cannot guarantee a day shift position.
Purpose of Role:
This role is a material handler position that rotates with shift having a dotted line reporting responsibility to shift managers. The primary responsibility for this position is to perform all functions associated with the shipping department including but not limited to:
Loading trucks, live loads and staged loads
Ability to operate push pull Fork lift - (Expert Level)
Operation of site yard dog
Direct ship responsibility including proper disposition of hold product, food safety hold product and released product
PRMS, BOL responsibility / accountability
Support Outbound Logistics Coordinator with all activities associated with shipping department
1. Accurately record all transactions on the PRMS inventory system
2. Communicate with line and logistics operators to ensure materials are replenished in a timely manner
3. Manage FIFO program in regard to materials management
4. Load super sacks and micros in dries rooms
5. Cross training will be required with other Logistic Material Handler positions.
6. Comply with Mars Petcare Quality and Food Safety Practices, GMPs and other Food Safety and Regulatory Standards to ensure we manufacture a quality product.
7. This position and all site associates are responsible for quality and food safety.
Mission Critical Competencies:
1. Must have excellent communication skills
2. Must have the ability to prioritize workload
3. Must have the ability to forecast inventory needs for all production lines
4. Must have excellent organizational skills
Key Functional Skills/Knowledge:
The ability to lift 50 pounds
Knowledge of inventory computer systems (PRMS, Spede, Factory Batching)
Food manufacturing experience and knowledge of food safety
Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices
Food manufacturing experience and knowledge of food safety.
Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices.
Statistical Process Control
High School diploma or equivalent.
2+ years of manufacturing experience.
Ability to lift 50 pounds.
Ability to quickly respond.
Mechanical troubleshooting ability
Career Readiness Certificate (CRC)
Computer literate with an ability to enter, record, maintain and retrieve information in a computer-based data collection system
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity