at Mars, Incorporated in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
Job DescriptionJob Description Role Profile
Position Title: Activity Coordinator
Reports To: Sanitation Manager
Purpose of Role :
The Activity Coordinator provides leadership to develop, document, maintain and proactively improve site management programs, methods, and systems to assure product, processes, and environments conform to the established Mars and regulatory Quality and Food Safety standards. The job involves the coordination of Management of Change, Pest Control, Calibration, GMP audits and Sanitation Audits & Ready to Run activities and ensuring that these programs are properly implemented and documented.
This position provides support to Supply, Quality, and Logistics as needed to ensure Food Safety and Product Quality Collect and maintain Sanitation records to ensure compliance with both regulatory and Mars internal requirements Lead the site Pest Control program including scheduling of services, review of data, and follow up on recommendations and other issues. Lead the site Change Management team. Participate in Risk Assessments and coordinate the program. Lead the site Calibration efforts, including maintaining the Master Calibration Schedule, collecting certificates/documents, and scheduling calibration services Lead the site GMP Audit and Sanitation Ready to Run program Update the network files regarding any change requests, establish dates for completion of key tasks and coordinate the implementation of actions Other duties as assigned
Mission Critical Competencies
- Functional/Tech Skills
- Action Oriented
- Problem Solving
- Standing Alone
Key Functional Skills/Knowledge
- Strong knowledge of Mars GHP/GMP, Pest Control, Sanitation requirements
- Strong questioning and probing skills to discover issues and to verify the accuracy of information, results, and data.
- Ability to work with others in Q&FS, Manufacturing and/or Logistics to improve product, processes, and systems
- Good understanding of current processes in Dries, Mixing, Chunk Making, Filling, Thermal Processing, Packaging, and Disposal
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate, influence, negotiate, motivate, and lead through influence.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effectively communicate and influence at all levels of the organization including the reporting and presentation of data as required.
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to transfer procedures and training experiences to others
- Understanding of the change management processes
- Understanding of the site's Calibration needs
- Flexibility to adapt to regularly changing priorities and quality issues
- Ability to handle sensitive information
- Two years of manufacturing experience
- Prefer experience in food and or related industries or experience in a technical support area such as Engineering, Quality Control, R&D, or Laboratory Services is acceptable
- Demonstrated Leadership skills
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated presentation skills
- Experience with quality systems
- Prefer BS degree in related science or business field or equivalent experience
Decision Making Authority and Impact
- Corrective actions for program failures/opportunities
- System enhance
Please click the link below to view the rest of the job on our career site.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity