at Mars, Incorporated in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
12 Hour Days OR 12 Hour Nights - we ask for you to be open to working nights as we cannot guarantee a day shift position.
Purpose of Role:
To load production materials into the primary piece of equipment, meeting corporate quality and safety standards in the manufacture of pet food.
- To maintain safety standards by using LOTO and confined space entry procedures when working in primary area of the factory.
- To load production materials into the primary piece of equipment, meeting corporate quality and safety standards in the manufacture of pet food.
- Assist product changeovers on primary piece of equipment.
- Communicate with team in order to prevent downtime and quality issues.
- Assist in the operation of equipment for breaks and lunches or as needed.
- Comply with Mars Petcare Quality and Food Safety Practices, GMPs and other Food Safety and Regulatory Standards to ensure we manufacture a quality product.
- Document quality attributes and provides production data for shift reports.
- This position and all site associates are responsible for quality and food safety.
Key Functional Skills/Knowledge:
- Fundamental knowledge of how the primary piece of equipment in the area operates.
- Knowledge of production processes.
- The ability to assist and troubleshoot primary piece of equipment.
- The ability to assist with quality checks and document results using database collection system.
- Food Manufacturing experience and knowledge of food safety
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices
- Food manufacturing experience and knowledge of food safety.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Forklift certified.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years of manufacturing experience.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to quickly respond.
- Computer literate with an ability to enter, record, maintain and retrieve data
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity