at Faulkner County Sheriff's Office in Conway, Arkansas, United States
Job closes 11-29-21.
Minimum 18 yrs. of age or older. Must pass background check and drug screen. Must have HS diploma or GED.
• Must be able to pass a Dispatch aptitude test with a score of at least 80%
• Must be able to type and to multi-task
• Must have good communication skills
• Must be able to work shift work, nights, holidays, and weekends
• Must possess a valid Arkansas driver's license
At least one year of dispatching experience
Experience using C.A.D. (Computer Aided Dispatch) System
Experience using 911 phone operation systems
• Operate a multi-line telephone console system, alerting system, and TDD system for the deaf and hearing-impaired
• Translate information to the appropriate codes
• Determine and assign the level of priority of the call and enter the data into a computer-aided dispatch system for radio dispatch purposes
• Ask vital questions and provide pre-arrival instructions for emergency medical calls
• Monitor and operate a radio console and computer equipment
• Receive a variety of emergency and non-emergency calls and complaints
• Ask questions to interpret, analyze and anticipate the caller’s situation as to resolve problems, provide information, dispatch emergency services, or refer callers to other agencies
• Dispatch and coordinate the responses of public safety agencies
• Enter and modify information into local, state and national computer databases
Benefits provided by Faulkner County include health, dental, vision and life insurance. Retirement through APERS.
To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account