at Cree in Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States
As an Applications Engineer for Medium-High Voltage (MV/HV) business you will be responsible for pre- and post-sales technical support for both existing and new customers for various applications, especially for traction, solar/wind power, motor drives, and heavy equipment. Also, this position will have opportunity to lead reference designs (AC/DC, DC/DC, DC/AC converters) using SiC power modules and discrete for those targeted applications. A successful candidate will have a strong technical skill of designing high frequency power converters and understanding of the selling process and experience directly supporting customers with technical product specifications, product selection, system design, reliability, quality and manufacturing process. This position requires interaction with customers at all levels of system design/development, components, quality engineering.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
MV/HV SiC power devices and modules are some of the most differentiated, disruptive and value-added products within the industry. This position requires a candidate with the creativity, vision and detail to break down the traditional way of doing things and find new and innovative ways to solve complex problems. The right candidate will have a significant impact in the next product and platform innovations that are introduced into the MV/HV markets.
- Work with cutting edge technology – from devices to modules and a broad array of systems
- Broad market interface – always exciting new applications to learn from and design into
- Legacy of knowledge – from materials to devices, and in-house applications specialists, learning from the some of the best in the business is a daily occurrence
- Leverage Wolfspeed SiC investments to make daily impacts on customers’ designs and everyday life as SiC replaces Si components for better efficiency and more power dense solutions
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Assist customer design engineers to successfully incorporate Wolfspeed Silicon Carbide power modules, discrete and die in their products. Provide remote and on-site customer support
- Answer technical inquiries from existing and prospective customers with proper documentation and timely feedback/analysis
- Provide pre- and post-sales technical support for Wolfspeed direct sales and distributors through customer presentations and product demonstrations
- Be a leader in designing, developing, documenting reference and demonstration platforms for SiC Power product target applications
- Develop and present materials at technical seminars, tradeshows and distributor training
- Support new product launches, including training for Wolfspeed sales engineers and regional channel partners
- Provide marketing department and product managers with consolidated customer requirements to define new products and product enhancements
What you need for success:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree
- Self-motivated with a great passion for power systems and power devices, providing world-class technical support to customers and growing Wolfspeed’s SiC Power Business
- Understanding of some of power circuit topologies (AC/DC, DC/DC, DC/AC)
- Experience in mitigation of EMI/EMC in switching power supply
- Experience in schematic capture and PCB layout for minimal stray inductance and capacitance, placement strategies for high switching speed and high-power applications
- Experience in developing thermal management approaches for power electronics
- Experience in simulation tools (Spice, PLECS, etc) for power conversion
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills
Highly preferred skills and certifications
- Master or PhD. Degree in Electrical engineering
- Prior experience in leading a power electronics design team
- Prior experience in SiC high-power applications (> 10kW)
- Experience in high-frequency magnetic design (>200kHz-500kHz)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.