at Kelly Services in Shreveport, Louisiana, United States
Kelly Services is hiring for a Welder in Shreveport, LA.
$16 an hour
Welder Helper Responsibilities:
• Attending on-site safety meetings.
• Maintaining cleanliness of work areas.
• Assisting welders to set up rigs and move them between work areas.
• Ensuring welders have required materials and tools available, such as rods and grinding discs.
• Maintaining stock levels of materials and supplies.
• Loading and unloading trucks.
• Following welders’ instructions to adjust welding machine temperatures.
• Employing buffers and grinders to clean welds.
• Maintaining knowledge of various types of metal.
• Operating various tools and types of equipment.
• Identifying safety risks and hazards and complying with relevant safety procedures and regulations.
Welder Helper Requirements:
• 6+ months’ work experience in a similar role.
• Proficient knowledge of all aspects of welding.
• Basic English reading and writing skills.
• Physically strong, agile, and dexterous.
• Ability to work in a standing position for extended hours.
• Comfortable with working on elevated surfaces.
• Resilient to working in adverse climatic conditions.
• Available to work shifts and extended hours.
Why Kelly ® ?
You’re looking to keep your career moving onward and upward, and we’re here to help you do just that. Our financial staffing experts will connect you with premier companies for opportunities where you can learn, grow, and thrive. Jobs that fit your skills and experience, and most importantly, fit right on your path of where you want to go in in your career. It all adds up.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits ?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.