in Sebastian County, AR
Job Summary: Assistant Chemist in the foam pouring process
Qualifications, Knowledge, Education & Experience:
Must be at least 18 years of age to perform this job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Basics of polyurethane flexible foam chemistry
· Physical property testing of PU flexible foam samples
· Hand-mixing techniques for lab-preparations of flexible foam
· Cause an effect relationships in PU foam formulating
· Performance features of PCT products
· Energetic and enthusiastic personality with a passion for learning
· High School diploma or GED equivalent required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Bachelors of Science, preferably in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Physics
· At least 1 year of work experience in the science field strongly preferred
· Programming and Mechanical aptitude experience is beneficial but not required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Strong laboratory skills for working safely and effectively in a chemistry laboratory
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Comfortable with data analysis and report generation in Microsoft Office programs
· Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast paced work environment
· Good teamwork skills to collaborate effectively with lab partners
· Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
· Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; maintains a clean and organized work environment.
· Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
· Safety - Observes all safety procedures and policies; Reports potentially unsafe conditions to supervisor; Uses equipment and materials properly.
· Good attention to detail.
· Able to work accurately from verbal and written instructions.
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continual basis. It does not exclude other duties that may be assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Veteran / Disability Employer