at ArcBest in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
ArcBest Technologies is a logistics company with creative problem solvers who deliver integrated solutions for complex supply chain challenges.
Wanting to join the ArcBest Technologies family? In our search for top talent, we are looking for those that will further enable us to deliver on our vision and fully support our values-driven culture.
Currently, we are looking for a Prescriptive Analyst to join the ArcBest Technologies team. The Prescriptive Analyst creates and implements advanced analytical techniques, such as simulation and optimization, to drive business decisions and strategy. This position is relied upon by decision makers at all levels to provide timely, accurate, actionable data and analysis for strategic and tactical planning. The Prescriptive Analyst is directly involved with assigned projects that impact all areas of our business, including supply chain operations, customer experience, pricing, equipment maintenance, sales, human resources, and others.
Your contribution may include:
- Utilize prescriptive analytics and operations research techniques in daily work (integer programming, nonlinear programming, discrete event simulation, heuristic optimization, etc.).
- Manage the life span of prescriptive analytics projects, including data collection and integration, model building and validation, and model implementation and maintenance.
- Communicate with business leadership to define project objectives, requirements, and present results.
- Lead projects involving external consultants.
- Collaborate with data and technology infrastructure engineers to operationalize models and implement robust solutions.
- Provide education for other business analysts throughout the enterprise on prescriptive analytics strategies and techniques.
- Research, identify, create, and implement additional prescriptive analytics techniques determined by business needs.
- Other duties and projects, as assigned.
As a Prescriptive Analyst, you will be a member of the ArcBest Technologies Data Science team in Fort Smith, AR. Your hours will be Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm, with irregular hours that may occur depending on work load.
Ready to apply? Before doing so, please make sure you meet the minimum requirements:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline. Master’s degree in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Data Science, or other relevant field.
Experience: Minimum, one-year experience, preferred. Simulation experience, Python and AnyLogic preferred. Optimization experience, Python and Gurobi preferred.
If you require accommodation in the application process, please contact 1 email@example.com or call us at (479) 785-8963. An Equal Opportunity Employer including Vet/Disability.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/DisabilityTo view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account