at Facebook in Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Our data centers are the foundation upon which our rapidly scaling infrastructure efficiently operates to deliver our innovative products. The Data Center IBOS (Infrastructure Business Operations Support) team is seeking a technically minded research focused analyst to support data center analytics and operation optimization research. In this role, the primary responsibility will be to work closely with our data center business partners to develop the right KPIs and metrics as well as build reports and dashboards for analyzing operational metrics. This position will be responsible for partnering with data science teams to create end-to-end analytics programs, including data sourcing to surfacing insights and driving action, for various aspects of Facebook’s global data center operations. Excellent communication and analytical skills are a must.Potential projects may include partnering with our data science team on the following: analyzing our supply chain network needed to support future capacity growth, or determining inventory optimization and demand planning techniques by optimizing planning parameters.
1. Demonstrate a high degree of originality and creativity when working with our core Data Science team in developing solutions to improve existing business processes within supply chain utilizing methods such as statistical analysis, regression modeling and optimization.
2. Formulate and analyze what-if scenarios, partner with Data Science team to design and evaluate hypothesis experiments, alternate and conceptual models.
3. Partner with Data Science team in data modeling, metric development, data prototyping, and insight generation using statistical techniques.
4. Obtain alignment from relevant business partners and management support for projects and lead analytical discussions to drive change.
5. Partner with Engineering and Operations teams to identify where to focus their effort.
6. Communicates clearly and persuasively via email, and presentations. Tailor communications to the appropriate level audience and modify the approach as needed for maximum impact. Excels in communicating with individuals and groups and to all levels in the organization.
7. Deal with ambiguity and make independent decisions about what data and approach is best for the task at hand.
8. Manage entire projects from start to finish including cross-functional project management, data gathering and manipulation, analysis and modeling, and communication of insights and recommendations.
9. Effectively Partner with Data Scientists, Data Engineers, and analysts from cross functional teams.
10. Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Supply Chain Management, or other relevant field.
11. 3+ years job experience in data analytics, data science, biotech industry, and/or supply chain management.
12. Experience in supply chain domains and related information systems – distribution/transportation, sourcing, planning, manufacturing and inventory management.
13. Experience with statistical software®, database languages (SQL, Tableau), large data set mining tools and open-source programming tools (Python, HiveQL) and predictive modeling/ML tools (Scikit-Learn, R).
14. Experience in a fast-moving and constantly evolving high growth environment.
15. Experience in an environment with unstructured, incomplete and ambiguous data.
16. Experience with project management.
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.