in Faulkner County, AR
Job closes 10-28-21.
This is a safety sensitive position.
Installs, maintains, and repairs machinery and equipment.
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment. Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction.
- Communicates with supervisors or other co-workers to diagnose problems or the repair process of a particular machine.
- Dismantles malfunctioning machines and equipment, specifies and requests parts as needed (following standards established by the organization) and installs new or repaired parts.
- Maintains a clean and organized work environment.
- Researches and creates spare parts, performs preventative maintenance and generates tool lists for equipment and machinery.
- Reports breakdown of equipment and machinery, areas of concern and areas of improvement in a timely manner to immediate supervisor and manufacturing supervisor and/or lead person.
- Cleans and lubricates bearings, gears and other parts of machinery.
- Performs additional job functions as may be defined by the Manufacturing Technical Support Manager or Supervisor.
- Operate a forklift, scissor lift and other related equipment while following all safety procedures.
- Uses a 2-way radio, pallet jack, tape measure, forklift, calipers, hammer, boom lift, and various other hand tools.
- Works overtime as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of two years of related experience and/or educational experience.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers.
- Able to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Able to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Able to drive a forklift.
- Must pass Virco driver’s background check and forklift driving test.
Able to lift up to 50 pounds from knee to waist level. Occasionally pushes and/or pulls up to 50 pounds using some type of moving equipment. Frequently bends and stoops. Frequently walks throughout the 8 to 10 hours of the shift. Must be able to withstand 8 to 10 hours standing on a concrete surface. Occasionally climbs up the ladder. Will occasionally be exposed to chemicals, dust, heat, cold, gas, and/or fumes. Must be able to adjust to normal plant environmental conditions (above moderate heat and cold) and to adapt quickly to physical applications requiring varying motor skills.