at Ritter Communications in Jonesboro, Arkansas, United States
Our Key Account Representative serves as a primary point of contact for medium to large business customers. This role is responsible for placing orders with vendors, overseeing installation of products and services, ensuring customer satisfaction and support through direct contact with customers, as well as consistently delivering high-quality services to our clients.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides customer service by assisting customers with new service requests, billing inquires, repair issues, and account changes;
- Ensures that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, a willingness to listen to customer needs, and solid product knowledge;
- Possesses a knowledge base of each client’s business, systems and objectives;
- Anticipates clients needs and proposes alternative technical solutions;
- Takes ownership to identify, research and resolve billing inquiries, repair issues, and account changes;
- Retains existing customers through the use of proactive customer service / consulting techniques, enabling customers to perceive value in the service;
- Applies knowledge of specific product details in order to troubleshoot and resolve minor problems and prevent unnecessary dispatch of a service tech
- Demonstrates effective time management by prioritizing daily work activities
- Develops relationships with business clients through personal contact;
- Responsible for entering all customers billing information into billing software;
- Responsible for onsite visits and training for customers during the discovery, development, and ongoing support stages of the business relationship;
- Travels to customer sites, project areas, business related events, and other Ritter Communications locations as required.
- Raises our visibility through involvement in local organizations;
- Responsible for placing orders with telecommunications companies and long distance providers in order to provide integrated business services;
- Possesses knowledge of service and products provided to business customers, such as Web hosting, email hosting, data backup, internet service, phone service, phone systems and email;
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements, keeping all team members and upper management informed of the project's current status;
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope;
- Prepares purchase orders for customer premise equipment; Coordinate on time delivery of customer premise equipment to job sites for installation;
- Effectively communicates with the Service Technician group to ensure service and products are installed in a timely manner and working properly when the project is completed; Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully;
- Assists with directory compilation by updating directory information as appropriate;
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by Business Customer Service Supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures;
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures;
- Knowledge of company products and services;
- Knowledge of telephony and data services to create proposals and coordinate installations;
- Knowledge of written communication practices, procedures and formats;
- Knowledge of GUI software applications, i.e. billing systems, accounting systems, and vendor order systems;
- Knowledge of various operating systems, Word, Excel, Explorer and Outlook;
- Skill in identifying problems and resolutions;
- Skills in prioritizing and completing multiple projects;
- Skill in operating various office equipment such as a personal computer, copier, fax, and telephone systems;
- Skill in oral and written communication;
- Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner;
- Ability to pay close attention to detail;
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions;
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions;
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to effectively function as a team player;
- Ability to travel for business requirements; must possess a valid Driver’s License with a satisfactory driving record.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent customer service work experience. Telecommunications experience preferred.
Ritter Communications is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We strive to maintain a drug-free workplace.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including health, dental, vision, cancer, accident and life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, flexible spending accounts, free gym membership, company discounts, tuition reimbursement, paid training, paid leave, and much more!