at Raymond James Financial, Inc. in Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Under minimal supervision, uses extensive knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to identify, analyze and document complex business requirements and processes using specific and extensive input from the industry and business unit subject matter experts. Participates in multiple projects with significant scope and impact. Makes judgements and recommendations based on analysis and knowledge. Applies advanced skills and thorough knowledge of Tax Reporting to resolve complex problems independently.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consults with end users to identify, collects and analyze information, interviews subject matter experts (SMEs), observes operations and uses knowledge of business systems and processes to develop solutions to specific problems and documents the business requirements. Evaluates the potential benefits of such solutions to the organization.
- Conducts quality assurance by utilizing SQL on multiple files to ensure file integrity and accuracy before information is loaded by vendor.
- Reviews operational procedures and methods, maps current business processes, defines and analyzes business activities, conducts benchmarking activities to identify best practices, and recommends changes for improvement.
- Tracks and collects performance and status information to develop reports, summaries, surveys, planning processes and written recommendations.
- Collaborates with team members to define project scope(s) and objectives by gathering research and data using a demonstrated understanding of operations, systems and industry requirements.
- Develops an understanding of the business case behind all projects, including the motivating factors for all stakeholders.
- Oversees annual tax reporting testing and production process by creating calendar of events for all business partners, developing and maintaining testing suite, conducting regular meetings with all stakeholders, file delivery and validation, and ensuring various audit controls are met.
- Develops and maintains project schedules, prioritizes project tasks and collaborates with other business units.
- May serve as a functional subject matter expert (SME) to provide internal consulting services in Tax Reporting.
- Coordinates activities with other functional areas, and facilitates the implementation of cross-functional business system modules, models and/or enhancements while representing the stakeholders of the project.
- May serve as a liaison between client business units and technical business units by analyzing business and user needs, defining business requirements, clarifying technical specifications, and representing the user in the design, development, validation and implementation of appropriate technology solutions.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Functional, operational and technical requirements of all systems used by Tax Reporting.
- Concepts of risk management, business planning, analysis, issue tracking and requirements gathering.
- Information technology support and technical documentation.
- System analysis and business process modeling.
- Principles of securities industry operations.
- Tax reporting concepts, practices and procedures.
- Various IRS tax documents including 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-MISC, 1099-B, 1042, 2439, W8, W9.
- Clarifying system interface requirements and relationships.
- Creating and interpreting process maps and flowcharts.
- Interpreting client input, clarifying issues and developing solutions.
- Preparing and delivering written and oral presentations.
- Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications.
- Researching and interpreting IRS, Federal and State requirements.
- Reviewing, interpreting and resolving discrepancies with tax statements/documents; including 1099s, 2439s, 1042s, W8, W9.
- Facilitate information gathering sessions ensuring that all viewpoints, ideas and problems are included in the project specifications.
- Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
- Solve complex problems and model the business and financial impact of proposed scenarios.
- Ensure that all project activities have a focus on quality and adhere to any identified best practices.
- Perceive information, linkages and trends to apply this knowledge to assignments.
- Organize and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization, including negotiating resources.
- Incite enthusiasm, influence, and motivate individuals and project teams without organizational authority.
- Provide a high level of customer service.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels.
- Explain various tax concepts to others including members of management and sales, operations associates and clients;
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field and a minimum of two (2) years of experience in defining and documenting business and technical requirements and processes.
- Any equivalent combination of experience, education and/or training approved by Human Resources.
- None required
Primary Location: US-FL-St. Petersburg-Saint Petersburg
Other Locations: US-TN-Memphis-Memphis
Organization Operations & Administration
Job Shift Day Job
Req ID: 2102672