at Kutak Rock in Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
Job Title: Legal Secretary
Job Status: Nonexempt
Job Category: Clerical
Supervisor: Respective Attorneys/Administrative Manager
Job Group: Legal Secretaries
Kutak Rock LLP has an opening for a full time (37.5 hours per week) Corporate Legal Secretary in its Little Rock office. Kutak Rock is a national law firm with an excellent benefits package that extends firm wide.
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide secretarial support to multiple attorneys and be expected to work alongside a team of other staff members within the corporate legal department.
This position is an in-office position, Monday - Friday.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Type documents, firm standard letters, correspondence, and memorandum received via hand-written or electronic copy, and edit typed work product to firm format standards, using internal programs for document revision and clean-up
- Utilize document management system and email integrated management system for individual capacity and supported attorneys
- Understand and manage various document comparisons
- Proofread documents for revisions
- Generate, organize, copy, scan and maintain electronic and physical client files, transcripts and reports
- Accurately enter attorney time and expenses into the firm’s timekeeping software; manage accounting deadlines of same
- Answer telephones
- Maintain attorney calendars by scheduling appointments for conferences and meetings
- Accurately make attorney travel arrangements
- Organize and coordinate mailings of various sizes and delivery methods
- Handle confidential documents and information with discretion
- Assist with and maintain Continuing Legal Education (CLE) records and bar association memberships
- Assist with other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
- High School (or equivalent) required; college given preference
- Preference given to experience in legal secretarial field but not necessary
- Knowledge of PC and Windows applications and proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Excellent grammar and spelling skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure of deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to handle the workload for multiple attorneys
No recruiter calls at this time.
Kutak Rock LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse working environment and to principles that promote inclusive practices. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, domestic partner status, pregnancy, caregiver status, gender stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, AIDS/HIV status, handicap or disability, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other legally protected category. The firm will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants requiring accommodation in the job application process should contact the Human Resources Department at 402-346-6000 or by emailing HRDepartment@KutakRock.com.