at Brookdale Senior Living in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
• Benefit plan package
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
• Associate Compassion Fund
• Associate Discounts
• Identity theft protection
• Pet savings and insurance plans
• Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
• Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
• Paid Time Off
• Adoption Benefit
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
• Voluntary STD and LTD
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Manages the day-to-day healthcare operations of the community to ensure resident’s healthcare needs are met. Ensures residents are treated with respect and dignity and ensures quality care as resident’s healthcare needs change.
1. Ensures consistent quality resident care and service delivery throughout all shifts; this may require assuming the role and responsibilities of a Caregiver or Med Tech/Aide in order to meet the residents’ needs and staffing requirements.
2. Assists in the supervision of community-based licensed nursing staff, medication technicians/CMA’s, and Caregivers.
3. Provides training and education to Caregivers on an ongoing basis to include classroom in-services and situation-specific training.
4. Assists in the maintenance of resident charts and review of documentation performed by care giving staff.
5. As allowed by the Nurse Practice Act, assists in assessing the health, functional, and psycho social status of residents. Initiates individualized Personal Service Plans and proactively manages care and services for each resident. Evaluates the effectiveness and maximizes the resident’s opportunity to remain in their environment.
6. Ensures and conducts Personal Service Plan reviews and updates, according to Brookdale and state requirements, to ensure residents’ service needs are met.
7. Assists in the achievement of occupancy goals by monitoring the health, safety and well-being of residents, proactively identifying those at risk for move out. Implements timely problem solving.
8. Oversees and manages the continuity and consistency of medication training, pharmacy management and medication supervision and/or administration in the community. Conducts periodic Care Associate medication skills inventory checks, and periodic medication audits per Brookdale Guidelines.
9. Implements and maintains Brookdale operating standards, systems and processes. Monitors and participates in Quality Improvement and Risk Management programs at Safety Committee Meetings, Collaborative Care Meetings and Family Care Conferences.
10. Assists in the scheduling and follow through of physician visits including, but not limited to, dental appointments, eye appointments, therapy, and hospice both in house and scheduled visits out of the community. Ensures communication, as appropriate, on the results of these visits.
11. Completes documentation as required by Brookdale or state regulatory agencies.
12. Communicates information in a timely manner to the appropriate person or agency regarding changes in residents’ health/well-being, personal needs, risk management issues, customer service issues, family or outside health care provider concerns.
13. Assists in keeping the environment safe for associates to reduce the occurrence of Worker’s Compensation claims.
14. Participates in community events, including family and social functions.
15. Shares on-call and Manager on Duty responsibilities /shifts as required.
This job description represents an overview of the
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of
. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.