at Domtar Paper Company LLC
Provide first level supervision and coordinate the activities of the hourly employees engaged in paper production. This position will also be responsible for ensuring that all quality standards are met or exceeded by interpreting and enforcing departmental policies, methods, and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- A minimum of 5 years of paper making experience
- College degree preferred, if no degree must have successfully passed the TABE, CRC or Nowlin exam
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing conditions
- Must be able to prioritize well and assign resources appropriately
Candidates must possess and have demonstrated:
- The ability to set high goals or standards of performances for self and others.
- An advanced level of knowledge is needed in safety.
- A solid working knowledge of pulp/papermaking, maintenance planning, scheduling, quality assurance, and continuous improvement.
- Proficient computer skills (word, excel).
This job requires a demonstrated ability to manage by influence, work within a group as a team member with the capacity to lead by example while ensuring employee accountability to all department requirements.
Domtar is an EEO/AA employer. We are also committed to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disability Act of 1990.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.