at Berry Global in HOT SPRINGS, Arkansas, United States
Berry Global Berry Global, headquartered in Evansville, Indiana, is committed to its mission of ‘Always Advancing to Protect What’s Important.’ With $13billionin revenue for fiscalyear 2019 on a combined pro forma basis from operations, Berry is a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. Berry operates over290manufacturing facilities worldwide, on six continents,and employs over48,000 individuals.
At Berry, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. At Berry, we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth, and safety. To learn more about Berry, visit berryglobal.com.
As a Machine Operator you’ll have the opportunity to learn several areas in a fast-paced environment. 12-hour Shifts allow you to be off Friday/Saturday/Sunday every other week! Trained employees can swap shifts with other qualified employees to accommodate personal events. Berry offers a nice benefit package including medical, dental, vision and Profit Sharing!
Essential Jobs and Responsibilities – MO Injection (caps, jars, lining and labeling)
1. Accountable for personal adherence to all applicable Safety, GMP, Food Safety and Plant Policies.
2. Complete a minimum of 2 Observation and 2 Near Miss audits per month.
3. Safely operate a series of machines and auxiliary machinery.
4. Assure the production run matches all instructions listed on the Traveler.
5. Verify printed data on the carton / pallet labels match the data on the traveler and product being packaged.
6. Complete required quality checks to ensure product meets quality standards.
7. Notify QA immediately of any quality defects.
8. Control nonconforming product as defined in the Work Instruction for Critical Event Communication.
9. Complete the required production reporting documents.
10. Record date, shift and clock No. on each label.
11. Apply carton and pallet labels to packaged product and assure the label matches the carton contents.
12. Perform visual checks of product prior to the carton being closed.
13. Seal packed cartons with tape and safety lift and stack the specified amount of cartons on a pallet.
14. Make cartons no more than a stand can hold. – only exception, break boxes
15. Execute line clearances and start-up approvals.
16. Participate in daily team meetings and shift to shift handoffs.
17. Communicate with co-workers and shift supervisor on daily issues and concerns.
18. Perform other related duties assigned.
Essential Jobs and Responsibilities – MO Jars
1. Verify specific jar and paper packing instructions.
2. Dump product in to auto assembler.
3. Three empty cartons to a machine.
4. Communicate with Supervisor with overflow at machine.
Essential Jobs and Responsibilities – MO Lining
1. Dump WIP into lining machine hoppers as needed.
2. Make minor adjustments to the lining machines. (Cap feeder jams, air, rail, etc.)
3. Perform liner roll changes.
Essential Jobs and Responsibilities – MO Labeling
1. Inspect parts before loading table.
2. Change the roll of labels as needed.
3. Verify each new roll is correct.
4. Record each new roll and the quality of the roll.
5. Monitor the label inventory at the machine.
6. If required, make minor adjustments on the placement of the label on the container
7. At the end of orders, inventory labels
Summary – MO Compression
Where data collected is used in Statistical Process Control (SPC) the Machine Operator is responsible for the frequent monitoring of the manufacturing process, on multiple cells, through approved quality measurement systems including visual and dimensional inspections. The MO will also perform and properly document the process leading to and closing out of any Critical Event Communication (CEC) including product isolation and/or rework of any non-conforming product.
Essential Jobs and Responsibilities
1. Complete a minimum of 2 Observation and 2 Near miss audits per month.
2. Perform minor machine adjustments.
3. Quality inspections on assigned equipment.
4. Communicate with the Shift Lead and Mechanic relating to any machine repairs and quality attributes falling outside acceptable control limits.
5. Enter quality measurements into the infinity system for the purpose of monitoring the production process.
6. Notify QA immediately of any quality defects.
7. Control nonconforming product as defined in the Work Instruction for Critical Event Communication.
8. Properly complete all production and quality documentation in compliance with ISO and SQF requirements.
9. Perform other related duties assigned.
Contribution to Quality, Safety and GMP
1. Support the accomplishment of your work groups through the quality, timeliness and professionalism of your attitude.
2. Supply accurate and timely data as required by performance tracking and reporting.
3. Apply resources in a manner which maximizes their effectiveness in assuring quality.
4. Maintain a work environment which will contribute to the assurance of safety and GMP compliance.
5. Adhere to established procedures, perform self-checking and pay attention to detail in the performance of your work.
6. Notify management in a timely manner of any problems with procedural compliance.
7. Report observed quality problems and deficiencies in a timely manner.
8. Make recommendations to management for improving the quality and efficiency of your work.
1. High School Diploma or GED
2. Knowledge of basic math
3. Able to speak, read and write English
4. Demonstrate the ability to work as a part of a team.
5. Display good attention to detail
6. Good written and verbal communication skills
7. The ability to work safely in a fast paced environment
8. Able to consistently lift 35lbs. from floor or table position to chest high using proper lifting techniques
9. Must be able to walk, stand or bend throughout a twelve hour day
10. Must be able to repetitively use arms, hands and fingers in handling parts
11. Good hand/eye coordination
Food Safety /GMP manufacturing environment
Regularly required to carry, lift and stack up to 35 lb. cartons
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. (https://careers-berryglobal.icims.com/jobs/12990/machine-operator/job?mode=apply&apply=yes&in\_iframe=1&hashed=-1834445335)
Location US-AR-HOT SPRINGS
Job ID 2021-12990
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Category ManufacturingTo view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account