at ArcBest in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
ArcBest is a logistics company with creative problem solvers who deliver integrated solutions for complex supply chain challenges.
Wanting to join the ArcBest family? In our search for top talent, we are looking for those that will further enable us to deliver on our vision and fully support our values-driven culture.
Currently, we are looking for a Trade Compliance Coordinator to join the ArcBest team. The Trade Compliance Coordinator embraces and instills the Corporate Values and Strategies within the Customer Solutions work stream. This position functions as an essential point of contact for customs support for both internal and external customers and is responsible for the design, implementation, and support of solutions that fulfill customer specific demands that are considered strategic in nature.
The Trade Compliance Coordinator requires vision, ambition, and a strong desire to succeed. This position creates processes, prioritizes workload, and provides on-going training, and requires the ability to effectively communicate with the leadership, such as upper-level management, directors, and vice presidents.
Your contribution may include:
- Act as a central point of contact for internal and external customers that require specialized monitoring, reporting, or dedicated Trade Compliance functions.
- Communicate shipment status to both internal and external customers.
- Develop and standardize Trade Compliance procedures across the ArcBest organization.
- Distribute and prioritize workflow effectively to maximize efficiency.
- Perform daily activities, such as regulatory reporting, compliance training and support, auditing procedures, creating BOL’s, providing quotes and generating pickup requests for customers, and submitting rate corrections.
- Monitor dedicated shared inboxes and phone numbers.
- Facilitate the movement and compliance of international goods and shipments moving under customs authority.
- Instruct office personnel and drivers on proper customs reporting procedures.
- Serve as a liaison between the ArcBest headquarters and remote campuses.
- Track, trace, and proactively monitor shipments for specific accounts.
- Work in a team setting to accomplish department goals.
- Other duties and projects, as assigned.
As the Trade Compliance Coordinator, you will be a member of the Customer Solutions team. Your work hours will be vary based on scheduling to provide market coverage during normal business hours. Ready to apply? Before doing so, please make sure you meet the minimum requirements:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree, preferred. Experience will be considered in lieu of formal education.
Experience: Minimum, two years’ experience at ArcBest or in a similar procurement role outside of ArcBest.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Other Requirements: Knowledge of Trade Compliance, regulations pertaining to international freight movements. Knowledge of international supply chain security programs, regulations, and laws; operating companies and products and services they provide. Knowledge of various departments, and service center office policies, procedures, and systems, preferred. Intermittent travel is required to support the departments goals and objectives, which includes public speaking engagements.
If you require accommodation in the application process, please contact
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability