at MGM Resorts International in Robinsonville, Mississippi, United States
It is the primary responsibility of the Assistant Executive Housekeeper to manage all operations for assigned areas within Housekeeping, and to perform all assigned functions/duties in accordance with established guidelines/ procedures.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Manages assigned operational functions consistent with the strategic plan/vision for the department, the division, and the property.
- Manages the delivery and measurement of guest service standards within Housekeeping, consistent with the company’s established guidelines/standards.
- Participates in the research, development, evaluation, and implementation of new products, services, technology, and processes to ensure competitive position in anticipation of changing customer needs within the dynamic hospitality/gaming environment.
-Manages Human Resources responsibilities for Housekeeping to include:
- creating a work environment that creates teamwork
- performance feedback
- mutual respect and employee satisfaction
- quality hiring that encompass the company’s diversity commitment
- disciplinary action
- Works closely in mentoring/coaching Housekeeping Floor Managers in additional tasks/responsibilities to optimize advancement opportunities available for subordinate staff.
- Assumes full responsibilities of the Executive Housekeeper in his/her absence. – Promotes and develops team-oriented philosophy, stressing the importance of providing unparalleled commitment to excellence in service.
- Ensures adherence to guest service standards within established departmental policies and procedures. Evaluates and offers corrections/modifications to systems/structures that create problems or impede commitment to excellence in service.
- Inspects prescribed number of rooms on a daily basis to ensure Housekeeping Floor Managers and Guest Room Attendants are conforming to sanitation requirements and established standards.
- Works closely with the Scheduling Attendants to ensure all bidding processes for positions within assigned area(s) of responsibility are handled in accordance to policies, procedures, and established timelines.
- Represents management at unemployment hearings, union grievances, arbitrations, and various meetings, when necessary.
- Performs other job-related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent experience
- Two (2) years of relevant experience
MGM Resorts International is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, MGM Resorts International will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
MGM Resorts International believes in providing opportunity for every employee to grow, develop and succeed in a work environment where you can be your best. We encourage you to explore our job opportunities. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact our Corporate Diversity and Disability Outreach department at 1-844-247-0370 or email firstname.lastname@example.orgTo view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account