in County, AR
Works under supervision of Production Team Leader with the guidance of other members of operations, maintenance, and plant management.
- Reading, Math (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, and percentages), computer, and leadership skills. Basic mechanical aptitude (i.e., correct use of wrenches, drivers, pliers, and lubrication techniques).
Demonstrates knowledge of Nestlé Lockout / Tagout and Confined Space Policy.
- Timely communication of all operational and/or safety issues to Team Leader to avoid accidents and unnecessary downtime. Any issues that may adversely affect start-up, cause downtime, or could result in an accident are the responsibility of the Ingredient Handler to communicate to the Team Leader and/or other managers immediately.
- Set-up area with necessary equipment in timely manner and assist with Line set-up.
- Double check commodity codes of all ingredients before using to ensure correct ingredients are being used.
- Complete all paperwork legibly and accurately and in a timely manner including any required HACCP paper work and ensure that paperwork is delivered to the prescribed location at shifts end.
Check all scales used to ensure they are weighing properly before batching ingredients.
- Maintain all areas with regards to housekeeping, GMPs, and safety at all times.
- Inspect area at shift’s end and ensure that area is left neat and orderly.
- Ensure that all batches are legibly and properly labeled with all required information.
- Thoroughly clean and return all utensils and/or tools to Linen room at shift’s end.
- Ensure that all ingredients are properly covered and removed from areas at wash downs.
- Adherence to plant attendance policies.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with fellow team members and other departments.
- Team members will participate in Nestle Continuous Excellence (NCE) and Lean activities such as the Create Stability tools, such as Standard Work, Abnormality Identification, Centerlining and Help Chain.
- Team members will be responsible for building their competency, creating self-development plans, keeping those plans up to date and help build the competency of others, as applicable.
- Team members shall understand and follow factory management systems for human safety, food safety and/or environmental management. Understand and actively work toward achieving management system targets and objectives.
- Team members shall follow the plant rules, procedures, and/or practices related to management systems. Team members will report incidents and unsafe conditions immediately, maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to the appropriate management system on all related procedures and programs.
Continuous Operations areas will have the following additions
- Accurately turn equipment on/off, read all displays and menus and disassemble, clean, assemble, and properly and safely operate the equipment.
- Safely and efficiently operate all hoses.