at APAC-Central, Inc. in FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas, United States
Job ID: 338099
APAC Central Inc., is a CRH company producing and providing crushed aggregate materials, sand, ready-mix concrete, asphalt, and performing as a regional heavy highway/infrastructure construction firm serving Arkansas, Oklahoma, and southern Missouri. APAC-Central, Inc. and its founding companies have been serving our customers since early in the 20th Century and look forward to continued success in the 21st Century!
Lowboy Truck Driver
Job Description Summary
The selected candidate will be required to work in a safety sensitive team environment with other co-workers and managers.
- Drives multi-axle truck for transporting construction material and equipment with capacity of more than 3 tons.
- May pull semi-trailer or trailer.
- Must be able to operate, oil, grease, and make normal operating adjustments to equipment.
- Must be able to operate the following equipment: paver, roller broom tractor, concrete curb/gutter machine for purpose of loading or unloading.
- Must have clean driving record and a valid CDL A with hazmat endorsement a plus.
- Must maintain radio or telephone contact with appropriate supervisor to receive delivery instructions.
- Assure load is properly covered with appropriate tarp or canvas prior to leaving loading site.
- Make contact with Shop Foreperson when breakdowns occur.
- Maintain a truck log according to State and Federal regulations.
- Must maintain clean vehicle interior and exterior.
- The job will require climbing, stooping, bending, squatting, occasional lifting of up to25-100 lbs., stretching, driving, pulling, twisting, kneeling, standing reaching, and using hand tools such as wrenches and screwdrivers.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA / MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
- Follow directions of Foreman as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or jobsite.
- Perform daily preandpost inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with company policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will:
- Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Pass a pre-employment Fit for Work physical.
- Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Report to work at the designated start time.
- Be able to work overtime when required.
- Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold.
- Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist coworkers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and / or MSHA
Please click the link below to view the rest of the job on our career site.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity