in Sebastian County, AR
Job Title: Baler Operator
Position Classification: Non-Exempt - Hourly
The Baler Operator will operate baling machine to bale scrap foam. The Operator will tie off completed bales, and package for shipment.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Education & Experience:
Must be at least 18 years of age to perform this job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Push empty scrap buggies from the baling area to the areas of the plant where they are used and exchange with full buggies of scrap foam. Then push full buggies to baling area to be
- Separate foam types for separate baling (when needed).
- Load scrap foam into the baler and activate with hand
- When bale is complete, tie off the complete
- Remove the bale from the baler with the squeeze tow motor (license required), and move to scales to be weighted and
- Move completed bale to the bale storage area. Repeat process continuously throughout
- To ensure that all scrap foam is baled and stored in the proper area, all bales rare to be tagged with the correct weight. Daily log sheet is turned into the lead person.
- Wear proper PPE as required.
- Maintain excellent housekeeping practices in production
- Practice proper safety
- Complete general area maintenance duties on equipment as assigned. This may include help from the maintenance department when
- Follow all procedures and
- Perform other duties as
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good mechanical aptitude and attention to
- Able to work accurately from verbal and written
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; maintains a clean and organized work environment.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
- Safety - Observes all safety procedures and policies; Reports potentially unsafe conditions to supervisor; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Good attention to detail.
- Able to work accurately from verbal and written instructions
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continual basis. It does not exclude other duties that may be assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Veteran / Disability Employer