at Chesapeake Hospitality in Memphis, Tennessee, United States
The beautiful Crowne Plaza Memphis Downtown, operated by Chesapeake Hospitality, is conveniently located minutes away from the famous Beale Street and features 230 rooms, 6,300 square feet of flexible meeting space, restaurant and lounge, outdoor pool, and fitness center. Chesapeake Hospitality is a growing, award-winning company with systems and processes in place to support all our associates. We are currently managing multiple hotels within the United States with IHG, Hilton, Marriott/Starwood and numerous independent hotel. Our culture is guided by our strong values of Honesty, Integrity, and Humility which have remained true for more than five decades since the company’s founding in 1957.
The Food and Beverage Manager is responsible for coordinating, supervising and managing all aspects of the hotel’s food and beverage operation which include kitchen, restaurants, bars, banquets, room service, and other outlets, while maintaining high quality products and services.
- Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- Forecast, implement, monitor, control and report on the various outlet budgets and their components (labor costs, food costs, beverage costs, inventory, supplies, equipment, etc.) to maximize revenue and minimize expenses while ensuring adequate supplies and staff are on hand to provide top quality customer service.
- Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
- Respond to customer trends, needs, issues, comments and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects.
- Create, recommend and implement menus, promotions, displays, buffet presentations and ideas to capture in house guests and a larger share of the local market.
- Step in to perform all food and beverage roles, to include kitchen line and banquet production.
- Monitor and control the maintenance/sanitation of the various outlet areas and equipment to protect the assets, comply with policies and procedures and ensure quality service.
- Implement company programs and manage the operations of the Restaurant, Room Service and any other food and beverage outlets as required to ensure compliance with SOPs and LSOPs, safety regulations and federal, state and local regulations to ensure an optimal level of service, quality and hospitality are provided to the guest(s).
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
For you to be the ideal candidate, you should have the following:
- Exceptional Food & Beverage experience in a hotel of similar size or larger.
- 3+ years of food and beverage management, purchasing, leadership and operations experience.
- Previous culinary line and banquet production experience.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to train and hold your staff accountable for best practices.
- A personality that thrives in a fast paced, customer-oriented environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with guests and employees.
- Ability to efficiently multitask.
We offer competitive wages and benefits that include:
+ Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
+ Flexible Spending Account
+ 401k retirement plan
+ Long-Term & Short-Term Disability Insurance
+ Life Insurance
+ Tuition Reimbursement
+ Paid Time Off
+ Holiday Pay
+ Discount travel program
+ Growth opportunity in an evolving organization, and much more.
Career opportunities are endless with Chesapeake Hospitality! With 30+ hotels and restaurants, we welcome the opportunity to develop, grow, promote, and transfer any of our associates to the career they want.
Coffee Kiosk Server
Raw Bar Attendant
Room Service Operator
Restaurant and Bar Manager
Food and Beverage Director
General Manager / Assistant General Manager
Corporate Operations / Food & Beverage
Or cross-train to any other department or position!
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. Candidates who are offered a position must undergo a background check and drug screening.
We are committed to the health and safety of our associates and guests, and we adhere to CDC guidelines as well as state and local laws.
Chesapeake Hospitality is an equal employment opportunity employer, and all employment decisions are based on merit and the business needs of the company, and not race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other factor protected by law.
We comply with the law regarding reasonable accommodation for employees who qualify for accommodation. If you need an accommodation to complete an application, please contact the Human Resources office of the hotel/restaurant to which you are applying.
Title for Job Advertisement: Food and Beverage Manager – Crowne Plaza Memphis Downtown
Requisition ID – Do not change: 2021-4410
External Company URL: https://www.chesapeakehospitality.com
Street: 300 N Second St
Post End Date: 10/22/2021