at CDM Smith in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
CDM Smith is seeking an Entry Project Controls Specialist to join our team. Under direct supervision, this individual supports the project delivery team by developing basic cost and schedule baselines; collects and analyzes monthly cost and schedule progress, identifies and assists in analyzing variances for projects of basic complexity; ensures risk reserves are updated and integrated into project financial forecasts; and reports this information in standard formats to leads or management. Supports the implementation of financial controls, procedures, systems and forecasting techniques. Interfaces with member of the project team and various levels of management and follows all safety programs.
• Supports compliance with internal procedures such as federal/government regulations. Gathers project progress information from project manager and project team members to update and monitor the project of basic complexity. Evaluates and updates data regarding schedule dates, percent complete, resource requirements, subcontractor commitments and project accruals. Reviews schedule progress and productivity of resources with supervisor to ensure accuracy. Develops time-phased project cost and resource forecasts; validates project costs; updates requirements as required. Monitor progress of project deliverables. Performs performance reporting using Earned Value Management. Conducts basic financial analysis which may include variance, risk and profit/loss analyses, etc. Performs routine analyses and may prepare routine financial reports. Documents and assesses the impact of project changes on cost/schedule baselines.
• For projects of basic complexity, develops and documents project planning considerations and objectives, scope and milestones to incorporate into the schedule. Under direct supervision, develops, maintains, and analyzes integrated critical path schedules for portions of routine projects and/or portfolio of smaller projects in accordance with contract specifications. Evaluates and raises project early warning signals to project manager in collaboration with lead or manager.
• Generates and analyzes earned value reports for basic projects and discusses any observations with supervisor and the project manager. Evaluates project execution and impact of developing trends using prescribed methodologies to determine if project is proceeding within available resources and budget. Draft client and internal status reports to communicate cost status and documents trends.
• Uses appropriate document management protocols to store and retrieve project documentation.
• Performs other duties as required.
Entry Project Controls Specialist
CDM Smith Employment Type:
• Bachelor’s degree.
• 0 years.
Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
Southeast United States
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
• Entry level knowledge of project management methodology including budget development, project planning, control and assurance methodologies, and finance and accounting concepts and practices.
• Good teamwork and collaboration skills and an ability to work well in fast paced environments requiring daily shifting of priorities.
• Demonstrates good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with varying levels of staff, as well as vendors.
• Entry knowledge of Enterprise Project Portfolio Management tools (Primavera).
• Basic knowledge of Project Performance tools (EcoSys).
• Good interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with team members and clients.
• Ability to deal with many people and process a variety of requests as necessary.
• Good computer skills including proficiency in MS Word and Excel; organizational skills to balance and prioritize work.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant’s criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.