at Berry Global in HOT SPRINGS, Arkansas, United States
Berry Global Berry Global, headquartered in Evansville, Indiana, is committed to its mission of ‘Always Advancing to Protect What’s Important.’ With $13billionin revenue for fiscalyear 2019 on a combined pro forma basis from operations, Berry is a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. Berry operates over290manufacturing facilities worldwide, on six continents,and employs over48,000 individuals.
At Berry, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. At Berry, we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth, and safety. To learn more about Berry, visit berryglobal.com.
The AUTOMATION ENGINEER will provide technical, hands-on engineering support for automation and secondary production equipment. Manage projects, design mechanical systems for new, or modify existing, automated machinery and secondary equipment to automate manufacturing processes.
ESSENTIAL JOBS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Accountable for personal adherence to all applicable Safety, GMP, Food Safety, and Plant Policies.
• Complete a minimum of 2 Observation and 2 Near Miss audits per month.
• Support the maintenance and development of new tooling, machines, and high speed production equipment.
• Maintain and troubleshoot machine technology to include fiber optics, controls, PLC’s, vision systems, drives and other equipment controlled by devices that requires specific electronics knowledge.
• Troubleshoot electrical, electronic, relay logic and PLC problems.
• Support new projects and make recommendations regarding new technology to improve product quality and productivity. This may include fiber optics, controls, PLC’s, vision system, drives, and robotics.
• Install sensor systems and diverters on machines to improve productivity.
• Design and specify some electrical components for custom automated industrial machines.
• Coordinate with other engineers, manufacturing, EH&S, and fabrication to ensure design intent, safety and cost effectiveness of production are achieved.
• Ability to self-direct on projects and tasks and the ability to manage a team.
• Responsible for design, development and implementation of automated and secondary equipment to support production.
• Flexibility to be available for overtime and call-in work required.
• Attend weekly safety call. Provide training/training opportunities where appropriat. Any other duties AND/OR tasks assigned by management. Contribution to safety, Quality and GMP.
• Maintain a clean, healthy work environment to ensure adherence to safety standards and GMP compliance.
• Support the accomplishments of your work groups through the quality, timeliness and professionalism of your attitude. • Supply accurate and timely data as required by performance tracking and reporting.
• Apply resources in a manner that maximizes their effectiveness while assuring quality.
• Notify management in a timely manner of any problems with procedural compliance.
• Make recommendations to management for improving the quality and efficiency of your work
+ Prefer Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
+ 3-5 years experience in Industrial Maintenance/Engineering
+ Strong organizational and communication skills.
+ Basic working knowledge of Excel, Word and JD Edwards Software.
+ 3 years of PLC experience desired
+ Experience with vision systems.
+ Must be able to read and write electrical schematics.
+ Experience in HMI programming.
+ Experience in Ethernet/IP programming.
+ Must read, write, and speak English
Additional Skills Desired:
+ Experience with SolidWorks/Drafsight/AutoCad.
+ Experience with Allen-Bradley/Device Net programming.
+ Familiar with Fanuc robots or equivilant.
+ Familiar with AGV’s or other automated delivery equipment.
Food Safety/GMP Manufacturing Environment.
Regularly required to walk, lift and carry materials <35 pounds through plant in order to function in the job.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. (https://careers-berryglobal.icims.com/jobs/12929/automation-engineer/job?mode=apply&apply=yes&in\_iframe=1&hashed=-1834445335)
Location US-AR-HOT SPRINGS
Job ID 2021-12929
Position Type Regular Full-Time