at Faulkner County Sheriff's Office in Conway, Arkansas, United States
Job closes 11-8-21.
Minimum 18 yrs. of age or older. Must pass background check and drug screen. Must have HS diploma or GED.
• Must be able to pass a Dispatch aptitude test with a score of at least 80%
• Must be able to type and to multi-task
• Must have good communication skills
• Must be able to work shift work, nights, holidays, and weekends
• Must possess a valid Arkansas driver's license
At least one year of dispatching experience
Experience using C.A.D. (Computer Aided Dispatch) System
Experience using 911 phone operation systems
• Operate a multi-line telephone console system, alerting system, and TDD system for the deaf and hearing-impaired
• Translate information to the appropriate codes
• Determine and assign the level of priority of the call and enter the data into a computer-aided dispatch system for radio dispatch purposes
• Ask vital questions and provide pre-arrival instructions for emergency medical calls
• Monitor and operate a radio console and computer equipment
• Receive a variety of emergency and non-emergency calls and complaints
• Ask questions to interpret, analyze and anticipate the caller’s situation as to resolve problems, provide information, dispatch emergency services, or refer callers to other agencies
• Dispatch and coordinate the responses of public safety agencies
• Enter and modify information into local, state and national computer databases
Benefits provided by Faulkner County include health, dental, vision and life insurance. Retirement through APERS.