at Ritter Communications in Jonesboro, Arkansas, United States
The Network Analyst is a member of the Ritter Network Operations Center (NOC) team responsible for providing overall operational support for the company’s data, voice, and transport network. Success in this role is highly reliant on the ability to adapt to rapidly changing environments and networks, learn new technologies and processes quickly, and to work both independently and in a team environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Monitors network systems including server applications, servers, routers, switches, firewalls, storage devices, and other network equipment;
- Documents and reports all network incidents and outages according to policy;
- Provides remote technical support to technicians for data networks and server applications, IP routing setup and troubleshooting various customer service issues;
- Provides escalation support to Enterprise Technical Assistance Center (TAC) staff;
- Activates voice, data, and video services across copper, fiber and Ethernet platforms;
- Participates in a team environment; providing valuable input and suggestions;
- Interacts with Engineering, Field Operations, TAC, and on occasion end-customers;
- Participates in a 24x7x365 (3) shift rotation;
- Travels to customer sites, project areas, business related events, and other Ritter Communications locations as required;
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of telecommunications products and services;
- Foundational understanding of computers and networks;
- Demonstrated understanding of LAN/WAN protocols and technologies including Ethernet, VLAN, TCP/IP, Routing, Switching, and ACL;
- Demonstrates an in depth understanding of the OSI layer;
- Understanding of Voice/TDM networks to include signaling and call trace abilities (Meta Platform preferred);
- Knowledge of common networking tools and troubleshooting methodologies including Telnet, SSH, ping, traceroutes, and Wireshark;
- Experience with access network technologies such as PON, DSLAMs, and HFC;
- Skill in scripting and front/back-end development;
- Skill in commonly used software such as Visio, Excel, Word, and Power Point;
- Skill in oral and written communication;
- Skill in reading and interpreting technical documents/information and network diagrams;
- Ability to follow policies and procedures;
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage multiple high-impact projects
- Ability to be detail oriented while keeping the bigger picture in mind;
- Ability to work well individually and in a team environment;
- Ability to travel for business requirements; must possess a valid Driver’s License with a satisfactory driving record.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science with an emphasis on networking, or a similar technical field is preferred. 1.5 years of relevant experience required. Cisco CCNA, Nokia NRS, CompTIA, or similar network/voice platform certifications preferred.