at Ritter Communications in Jonesboro, Arkansas, United States
We are looking for an experienced Enterprise Technicial Assistance Center Technician to join our team.
The ETAC Technician is a part of the Ritter Network Operations team responsible for providing overall operational support to Ritter’s Enterprise customers, to include activation related task such as the assignment of service orders, move/add/change and disconnect orders. The ETAC Specialist also serves as an escalation point for the Helpdesk concerning residential customers. The role may also serve as a POC for Field Operations. Success in this role is highly reliant on the ability to adapt to rapidly changing environments, networks, learn new technologies and processes quickly, and the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provision new service, disconnect service, suspends, reconnects, facility changes, feature changes, CPE activation, and email address changes and/or fulfilling other service delivery requests;
- Interdepartmental coordination of complex order assignment and fulfillment;
- Responsible for fulfilling orders requiring new assignment, facility changes and completions
- Responsible for record keeping such as: maintaining cut sheets, updating facility records, and updating trouble records;
- Manages directory number portability requests;
- Troubleshoot and test customer service delivery;
- Activates voice and data services across copper, fiber and Ethernet platforms;
- Participates in a team environment; providing valuable input and suggestions;
- Interacts with Engineering, Field Operations, NOC, and end-customers;
- Participates in a 24x7x364 (3) shift rotation;
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong customer service focus;
- Foundational understanding of computers and networks;
- Demonstrated understanding of LAN/WAN protocols and technologies including Ethernet, VLAN, TCP/IP, Routing, Switching, and ACL;
- Demonstrated understanding of the OSI layer;
- Knowledge of common networking tools and troubleshooting methodologies including Telnet, SSH, ping, traceroutes, and Wireshark;
- Ability to function in a team environment;
- Ability to follow internal policies and procedures;
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage multiple high-impact projects;
- Ability to be detail oriented while keeping the bigger picture in mind;
- Ability to work well individually and in a team environment;
- Skill in commonly used software such as Visio, Excel, Word, and Power Point;
- Skill in oral and written communication;
- Skill in reading and interpreting technical documents and information.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a similar technical field is preferred, or an Associate Degree in a technical field coupled with relevant work experience;
Significant years of direct and relevant work experience will be considered;
Cisco CCNA, Nokia NRS, CompTIA, or similar certifications preferred.