in Sebastian County, AR
Job Summary: Perform a range of repetitive loading and unloading activities to prepare finished goods for transport to warehouse storage, shipping container, or direct to customer. Team Packagers may be required to perform any or all of the job segments listed below.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Education & Experience:
Must be at least 18 years of age to perform this job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Visually inspects product for defects and transfers defective items to the appropriate location.
· Loads product into packaging machines; Monitors machines for proper function.
· Unloads and visually inspects packaged product to ensure it meets quality standards.
· Places packaged product into boxes. Applies identification labels to boxes.
· Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies to accomplish job results without waste.
· Uses knowledge and experience to resolve basic operating problems; reports all other problems to supervisor.
· Prepare pallets of product to be packaged at loading station.
· Properly set product on conveyor
· Set proper load recipe on equipment and activate
· Loads packaged product into box
· Applies label(s)
· Place filled box on scale to be weighed
· Document the weight of filled box
· Seal box with tape
· Stack filled boxes onto Shrinkwrap turntable
· Activates Shrinkwrap machine for an assembled load of filled boxes
· Builds and provides prepped up boxes to be in closer proximity (as needed) to unloading area
· Assists other team members when stacking boxes onto Shrinkwrap turntable as needed
· Places wooden skid & cardboard sheet onto Shrinkwrap turntable at beginning of each load
· Gets / place cardboard topper & literature inside filled box
· Uses hand pallet truck to remove pallet of filled boxes and deliver to Shipping area
· High School diploma or GED equivalent required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
· Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; maintains a clean and organized work environment.
· Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
· Safety - Observes all safety procedures and policies; Reports potentially unsafe conditions to supervisor; Uses equipment and materials properly.
· Good attention to detail.
· Able to work accurately from verbal and written instructions.
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continual basis. It does not exclude other duties that may be assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Veteran / Disability Employer