in Sebastian County, AR
Job Title: Forklift Operator
Position Classification: Non-Exempt - Hourly
Operate powered industrial trucks to load and unload materials to and from the production floor.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Education & Experience:
Must be at least 18 years of age to perform this job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtains copy of production schedule and transports material to and from designated areas in the
- Moving goods packed on pallets or in crated around the storage/productions areas.
- Stacking goods in the correct areas, following inventory control
- Checking loads are secure
- Stacking empty pallets
- Performing daily equipment checks such as recharging the truck’s battery and lubricating
- Removing machine attachments and waste material from
- Examining products to verify conformance to quality
- Dumping material into machine hoppers
- Dump thrash into
- Complete all necessary paperwork with a high level of
- Maintain excellent housekeeping practices in production
- Practice proper safety
- Complete general area maintenance duties on equipment as assigned. This may include help from the maintenance department when
- Follow all procedures and
- Perform other duties as assigned and/or
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; maintains a clean and organized work environment.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
- Safety - Observes all safety procedures and policies; Reports potentially unsafe conditions to supervisor; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Good attention to detail.
- Able to work accurately from verbal and written instructions.
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continual basis. It does not exclude other duties that may be assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Veteran / Disability Employer