at Hyatt in MEMPHIS, Tennessee, United States
Basic understanding of a kitchen operation within the hotel. Responsible for producing a consistent, quality product that meets and exceeds the guests’ needs in a timely manner. Person has advanced skills in department training and is capable of assuming department responsibilities in the absence of the Executive Chefs. Skills and knowledge to include culinary education, basic cost control understanding, basic communication, leadership skills and computer skills. May assistin monitoring payroll costs & overtime. Responsibilities include the supervisingof hourly cooks.
1. Responsible for review banquet event orders (BEO) on a daily basis and make note of any changes.
2. Responsible for briefing the banquet kitchen staff daily about the upcoming and current functions.
3. Responsible for supervising and coordinates all activities of cooks and banquet kitchen staff who are engaged in food preparation.
4. In charge of coordinating banquet production and plating with the Executive Chef (https://www.profitableventure.com/become-an-executive-chef/) , Sous Chef and Banquet Captain.
5. Responsible for establishing the day’s priorities and assign production and preparation tasks for the banquet kitchen staff / chefs to execute.
6. Responsible for effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
7. Responsible for taking physical inventory of specified food items for daily inventory.
8. Responsible for managing and assist the hotel’s sales & catering or banqueting staffs with banquets, parties and other special events.
$500 Sign on Bonus to be paid out after 90 day completion of employment
Primary Location: US-TN-Memphis
Organization: Hyatt Centric Memphis
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: MEM000348
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.