at SCS Engineers in Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
SCS Engineers is an employee-owned environmental consulting and contracting firm that designs and implements sustainable environmental solutions. We just celebrated our 51st anniversary as a company on April 1, 2021! Our core capabilities are: environmental due-diligence and assessment, brownfields, redevelopment, site remediation, solid and hazardous waste management, landfill gas, renewable energy, and regulatory compliance for commercial and industrial clients and municipalities responsible for protecting our air, water, and soil. Our employees take pride in their work, and together, we have the singular vision to be the environmental consulting firm of choice for clients and our employee owners. If you thrive in a friendly, collaborative, and client-focused company and desire dynamic and challenging team-based work, then SCS is the place for you. Are you up for the challenge?
SCS Engineers is seeking a senior-level engineer in the Little Rock, Arkansas office to perform various activities related to environmental consulting. The ideal candidate is self-motivated seller-doer, is eager to learn, embraces teamwork, and has the desire to grow and develop professionally. This position will involve managing projects, developing proposals and will also be directly involved with public and private clients in marketing, client management, project production, and related issues in the Arkansas market. Responsibilities include project management, business development, client development, and staff training and development. Project responsibility will have a primary focus on solid waste management, including landfill gas, landfills and landfill infrastructure, transfer station permitting, composting, and other projects, which may require design, engineering, permitting, CQA, construction and/or operations support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering and scientific principles and practices in solid waste assignment areas and related fields.
- Prepares and/or supervises engineering calculations, drawings, reports, and permit applications.
- Makes decisions independently on engineering or scientific problems and methods, plans and coordinates work, and represents the company at meetings and conferences.
- Supervise or lead projects related to, including but not limited to, surveys/data gathering, CQA liner installations, inspections, landfill permit amendment/permit modifications, transfer station permitting, etc.
- Office based tasks including but not limited to overseeing project related CAD drafting, mathematical calculations, report writing, creating site plans and facility diagrams, permit applications, etc.
- Business development including but not limited to: seeking and obtaining clients, proposal preparation, meeting with clients, and attending industry related conferences/trade shows.
- Ability to solve unusual or complex problems and supervise proposed plans or projects.
- Travel (day trips or overnight, 30% of travel expected): Varies, Occasional overnight travel will be expected around Arkansas and possibly Kansas, Oklahoma and Missouri.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering or Geotechnical Engineering required.
- 10+ years of relevant experience such as working knowledge and demonstrated consulting experience, business specific to the solid waste industry, including landfill gas management, air compliance, and landfill design and permitting, etc. required.
- Arkansas P.E (civil or environmental) registration or ability to obtain within 6 months preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status