at Kimberly-Clark Corporation in Rogers, Arkansas, United States
Job DescriptionCategory Development ManagerJob Description
Through collaboration, you can turn good ideas into great outcomes
Youre a leader who believes that it often takes a variety of viewpoints to reach more informed outcomes. Youre energized by open dialogue and collaborative brainstorming, and you bring that enthusiasm to your team. We appreciate your ability to stimulate new thinking, knowing that different perspectives can lead to exciting outcomes for all. Lets talk about how we can work together.
Summary of Position
The Category Development Manager will be responsible for leading the category management process for the Flushable Wipes Category and be a resource for Walmarts eCommerce towels and bath categories. This position requires the individual to interface directly with the customer team, as well as cross-functionally within the Kimberly-Clark category management team. The individual will provide high quality insights and analysis - leading to actionable assortment and merchandising recommendations - in a timely and professional manner that exceeds the stakeholders' needs and expectations.
- Conduct strategic category and channel analyses and reports, incorporating appropriate resources. Utilize data sources to build strategies that drive exceptional results. Perform strategic competitive analyses by category and brand to capture trends, opportunities, and challenges for core business areas.
- Analyze and evaluate shopper trends and consumer purchasing behavior. Translate complex metrics and analytics into valuable strategic insights for consumer dynamics in supporting sustainable growth.
- Develop strategic business plans, vision, tactics and strategies for achieving category growth.
- Support priority requests for data/information/presentations to drive dynamic growth. Contribute to creating strategic presentations as a credible Category Management Advisor to Walmart.
- Provide best in class omni competitive and shopper insights using multiple data sources (POS, Nielsen, Numerator, Keepa, site audits, etc.)
Success in this position requires:
- Unwavering focus on delivering results
- Ability to thrive in a learning environment
- Generating innovative solutions
- Cultivating Networks
- Efficiently focus on details
- Personal Accountability
Minimum of Bachelors degree.
5+ years Customer Development with at 2+ years working with Walmart. Previous experience in successfully using shopper insights to develop strategies that drove category and/or brand growth. Previous success in cultivating networks, analytical skills and reporting development are required. Must fundamental knowledge of Walmarts modular process and execution.
Skills/Competencies: Analytical, attention to detail, sound oral and written communication, self-starter and history of building relationships/networks. Preferred Experience/Qualifications: Knowledge of syndicated data, household panel data, demographic data, shopper research, and advanced data software. Experience working with Walmart.com data. Demonstrated project management and leadership skills. Other Skills: Cross-functional, prioritization and time management, active listening, adaptability, cross-cultural, and social perspectives.
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to Sr. Team Leader-Category Management, Walmart Company
Please click the link below to view the rest of the job on our career site.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity