at Armtec Defense Technologies in Camden, Arkansas, United States
Production Technician Senior – Blend
Armtec Defense Technologies (Armtec) is an operating unit of the Transdigm Group (NYSE: TDG), an industry leader in aerospace and defense products and services. Armtec is comprised of three business units producing subcomponents for ordnance in Coachella, CA; decoy countermeasure Flares in Camden AR; and radar countermeasure chaff in Lillington NC. At Armtec, we welcome skilled and enthusiastic people who share our determination and high standards to join us in our mission-critical work supporting the US and allied war-fighters who serve us all by defending democracy and protecting freedom. This position is staffed in Camden, AR., at Armtec’s world-class facility for decoy countermeasure Flares.
Company: Armtec Defense Technologies is an operating unit of the TransDigm Group (NYSE:TDG
Industry: Manufacturing Combustible Ordnance and Countermeasures
Title: Production Technician
Job Family: Production
Reports to: Production Supervisor
Works with: Upper Management, Engineers, Mid-Level Managers, Supervisors, Production Techs, Maintenance, Work Leaders and Assembly/Machine Operators.
Location: Camden, AR, USA
Type: Full Time
A technical position reporting to the Production Supervisor that involves assisting production supervision in the flow of materials through the production process. Responsibilities include overseeing the production area, training new machine operators, performing equipment set-ups, and assisting in trouble shooting problems. This position will be proactive in LEAN endeavors and participate in team efforts in implementing LEAN in the work centers.
- Executes production plan; evaluates production operation; troubleshoots processing problems; monitors equipment operation; assesses operator training level and requirements; provides recommendations for process improvements.
- Actively supports/participates in Lean projects and improvements.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently, organizes and schedules activities and tasks, assists in developing realistic action plans.
- Ensures that safety procedures are followed; reports potentially unsafe conditions: uses equipment and materials properly.
- Assists as required in the training of manufacturing personnel to achieve their highest level of proficiency.
- Maintains the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above.
- Understands and lives by ARMTEC’s ethics and business conduct policies.
- Assumes the leadership role in absence of Supervision.
- Orders materials and transactions associated with departmental supplies.
- Coordinates production and preparations needed to assist maintenance in TPM and equipment repair as scheduled or need-to basis.
- Primary contact for all departmental SYTLINE transactions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Must be proficient with MS Word, Excel Spreadsheets, Data Analysis, formatting of usable tables and other evaluation documents and Outlook programs.
- Working knowledge of Statistical Process Control and associated data analysis.
- Proficient at reading and generating charts and graphs (pareto, bar, control, flow, fishbone, Cause and Effect, etc.).
- Must show responsible judgment, organization, planning, initiative, flexibility and creativity.
- Must be able to perform calmly and reasonably under pressure from demand for production and other exigencies.
- Physical capabilities include lifting materials up to 50 pounds, walking up and down steps and to various programs as the situation warrants.
- Coordinates 100-500 pounds of material to draw out exact quantities required for formulation.
- Teamwork capabilities and Leadership skills required.
- Must be able to demonstrate ability in the ARMTEC competencies for all employees, customer focus, ethics & values, problem solving, integrity & trust, functional/technical skills, listening, action-oriented, composure and values diversity.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
- Associates degree preferred, or equivalent leadership experience.
- Self-motivated starter demonstrating maturity with responsibilities and analytical skills.
- Good communication skills and high degree of integrity.
- Performs good interface with other departments and all employees.
- Ability to read and write English and compute college level mathematics, including statistics.
Please apply on-line on the Armtec Career Website, www.armtecdefense.com
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Protected Vet