at Robert Half in Shreveport, Louisiana, United States
Description A PC Technician with the ability to interact with technical and non-technical users in an understandable and concise manner while solving complex technical issues is wanted at Robert Half. If you are a self-starter and enjoy solving problems and working in a positive, dynamic environment, then we want to hear from you! The short-term contract / temporary PC Technician will work in the Shreveport, Louisiana, area.
- Help test functionality and support end users
- Take down, box and ship equipment that is outdated
- Install and repair printers, troubleshooting problems as needed
- Diagnose, restore, rebuild, and refurbish computer hardware, such as PCs, laptops, monitors, servers, and additional IT equipment
- Retain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and solutions or installations
- Manage and carry out a variety of technology implementation projects
- Follow company quality standards to ensure the integrity of all electronic data records
- Handle disassembly, boxing, movement and setup/installation on site
- Handle all imaging and preparation tasks for new computers
- Arrange repairs with the suitable vendors
- Ensure that ticket submitters receive frequent and effective communication
- Complete PC-to-PC data transfers and troubleshoot software/hardware and break/fix
- Manage equipment inventory, collaborating on purchases as needed Requirements – A CompTIA A+ certification is a requisite for the position
- Strong problem-solving skills
- 1 – 3 years of experience supporting PC and Mac hardware and software, as well as knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, LAN, and WAN
- Solid understanding of End-User Support
- Strong attention to detail
- An understanding of networking such as switching and routing is highly valued
- Flexibility to adapt to changes in procedures and job assignments
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
Technology Doesn’t Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.