at Facebook in Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Instagram is looking for a Technical Program Manager to solidify Instagram as the smoothest, fastest, and most reliable experience for all users across the globe. As a Technical Program Manager for Instagram, you will work on various initiatives to ensure that our users can always connect with the people and things they love. You will directly support a team that is continuously improving performance, reliability, and efficiency of the Instagram app, and building the foundation for products to develop new features. In this capacity you will go deep in the technical stack, collaborate closely with Facebook infrastructure teams to evaluate and prioritize investments to bring the latest technology to Instagram to enhance the lives of 1.5 billion people.
1. Articulate the technology, requirements, goals and milestones of your team
2. Build subject matter expertise in your area and stay up-to-date on technological developments
3. Develop and manage cross-functional programs, facilitating relationships across Instagram and Facebook to identify risks, manage dependencies and optimize resources between media infra groups
4. Work with Product and Engineering to define your team’s roadmap and execution strategy
5. Drive internal process improvements across teams, remove roadblocks, and deliver on high-impact projects with a focus on efficiency, performance, and quality
6. Assess business impact, prioritize initiatives and drive accountability in a fast-paced environment through project planning and strong interpersonal skills
7. Develop robust engineering accountability measurements, maintaining high quality engineering work
8. Drive accountability and ownership in a fast paced environment across a dynamic team through project planning and interpersonal skills
9. B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
10. 7+ years of software engineering, systems engineering or technical product/program management experience
11. Experience delivering tech programs or products from inception to delivery
12. Knowledge of user needs, gathering requirements, and defining scope
13. Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams, demonstrated critical thinking, and thought leadership
14. Communication experience and experience working with technical management teams to develop systems, solutions, and products
15. Organizational, coordination and multi-tasking experience
16. Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time zones
17. Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time zones
18. Experience with external facing production systems for high traffic websites and services
19. Technical knowledge and/or experience in media (images/video) infrastructure, encoding, and quality
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.