in County, AR
Join our Growing Team and see why Summit Utilities, Inc was named as one of the Fastest Growing Denver Area Private Companies 2019 and 2020; Best Places to Work in Maine 2019, 2020 and 2021; and Best Places to Work in Arkansas 2020.
Summit is a growing natural gas utility company providing safe, reliable and clean burning natural gas service to homes and businesses in Arkansas, Colorado, Maine, Missouri and Oklahoma. Being part of the Summit team means embracing excellence, diversity and innovation, committing to safety each and every day, and doing all that we can to serve each other, our customers and the communities where we live. We aim to bring warmth and energy to everything we do.
We have an exciting opportunity open for an Insurance Manager based in either Little Rock, AR or Fort Smith, AR.
Summit Utilities, Inc. is looking for an Insurance Manager that will be responsible for all aspects of the company’s insurance program, including ensuring appropriate coverage levels, managing third party relationships, claims management, and identifying and implementing risk mitigation strategies. This position also includes responsibility for initial claims intake, incident investigation, loss mitigation and communication to resolve claims in the company’s best interest. This position is an individual contributor role reporting directly to the Associate General Counsel. The ability to build strong working relationships with key internal business partners, including Legal, HR, EHS&T, Fleet/Facilities, and Finance, is key to success in this role.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide strategic support on structuring and administering the company’s insurance program
- Ensure appropriate levels of coverage for comprehensive insurance programs, incorporating external benchmarking information and internal risk tolerance
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to support the insurance renewal process and program administration
- Develop, implement, and manage the claims management process
- Monitor and communicate on claims activity, including intake, investigation, litigation, trial and settlement in partnership with the appropriate internal stakeholders
- Monitor and communicate on claim/industry trends
- Organize and maintain insurance related documents and records
- Responsible for review, payment, and tracking of all insurance premiums, claim reimbursement, and third-party administrator fee invoices
- Coordinate and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure carrier tools and resources are accessible to appropriate departments
- Assist in the preparation of the annual insurance budget
- Support HR in the filing of applicable workers’ compensation reports
- Provide personnel with required insurance documentation (certificates of insurance, auto ID cards, etc.) from broker/underwriter
- Collaborate with EHS&T in the management of third-party certificate tracking
- Collaborate with FP&A with managing enterprise risk
- Manage annual insurance audits
- Identify, evaluate, and provide risk management recommendations which help to better manage business risks while minimizing overall cost of risk
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in business, legal, finance, accounting or risk management preferred
- 5+ years insurance industry multi-line experience or risk management experience
- Demonstrated history of managing and administering insurance programs and claims
- Certified Risk Management or other professional certification preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- High attention to detail, strong organizational skills and meticulous analytical capability
- Demonstrated success in consulting effectively with all levels of management including executives
- Must possess the ability to influence others without direct positional power to earn credibility and trust
- Business partner mentality with ability to educate basic risk management concepts to stakeholders
- Strong ability to take initiative and manage multiple projects successfully while maintaining an even-keel approach and commitment to deadlines
- Ability to conduct and interpret quantitative/qualitative analysis with the proven ability to communicate in an understandable manner to all levels of management and staff
Annual Incentive Eligibility
This position is eligible for Summit’s annual short term incentive plan (STIP). Incentive payout is based on achievement of predetermined corporate and personal goals.
Summit offers competitive pay and medical/dental/vision and other benefits that provide flexibility, choice and support to our employees when they need it most. We understand that home and family are essential pieces of your life, and our benefits are designed to support you both at work and at home.
Summit Utilities,Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.